***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

I don't want to have to chop and change my music before I leave. I've been able to hold lots of music on my phone for years, including 32GBs at the moment. His is an 8GB limit on a new phone acceptable?

I wonder how many people like me are dismissing this solely because of the lack of an SD card slot.

I dont even see how 8GBs is even possible. I have zero media on my Nexus 7 and just have apps and a few games, and I've used over 10GBs of space. It won't be a case of storing only a small amount of music on the 8GB version, you won't be able to store any!

8GB is a bit strange, but 16GB shouldn't be a problem, let's take the most classic example, Apple, started off with 8GB, now 16GB is the base model and how many millions and millions of them have they sold? They've never had expandable storage but they do offer larger storage options. And be honest out of the 32GB music you have how many times do you listen to all of that 32GB worth of music?

I'd happily pay £400 for a 32GB model! Even the HOX+ comes with 64GB at a price point of less than £500!

But 16GB is ample and Google are pushing towards a cloud based solution but not a viable option for many users without unlimited data.

I think it is incredibly likely a 32GB model will be released within the next 6 months for those that are patient enough to wait. I was planning on being patient before I saw the price...

I don't want to have to chop and change my music before I leave. I've been able to hold lots of music on my phone for years, including 32GBs at the moment. His is an 8GB limit on a new phone acceptable?

I wonder how many people like me are dismissing this solely because of the lack of an SD card slot.

I dont even see how 8GBs is even possible. I have zero media on my Nexus 7 and just have apps and a few games, and I've used over 10GBs of space. It won't be a case of storing only a small amount of music on the 8GB version, you won't be able to store any!

The reason for this is because they want to push cloud streaming. I don't think it's a good idea at the moment due to the patchy coverage and pathetic data limits most people have, but there you go.

Moving on from music, it's also going to be rubbish if you record much HD video, or want to put films on your phone to watch when you're out, etc. 16GB is the bare minimum that should be allowed, but I suppose 8GB might just drop the price low enough so that more people - who just want a smartphone mainly - will consider it as well.

Games can take up a lot of space, have Nova and Batman on there and you used up about 2.5GBs.

I'm not a phone gamer, so if I'm careful I can just get by on 16GB. 8Gb is for low usage customers, whom don't store things on the device.

I have multiple videos, 1.5GB of music (i don't even need this much!), around 2GB of photos and no shortage of apps and games on my One S and i still have just under 1.5GB spare. With an unlimited data plan i could easily ditch the music and possibly videos. 8GB is perfectly acceptable, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't sell it.

I'd get the 16GB nexus 4 if i was to get one, but i could quite easily live with 8.

. With an unlimited data plan i could easily ditch the music and possibly videos. 8GB is perfectly acceptable, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't sell it.

Streaming music is not ideal, as it uses more battery and requires a stable and fast connection.

If people want the 8GB version and want to stream then thats cool. But I would prefer if there was an option for 32GB.

If storage is an issue, then the S3 is the obvious choice.

For the majority, 16 GB is perfectly fine. Even 8 GB would be fine for some.

I would still like to see a 32GB LTE version at some point so that they can cover all bases. Don't see that happening unless they do what Apple did with the 4S.

Games can take up a lot of space, have Nova and Batman on there and you used up about 2.5GBs.

I'm not a phone gamer, so if I'm careful I can just get by on 16GB. 8Gb is for low usage customers, whom don't store things on the device.

But if your not going to play games, aren't going to watch or record HD video, and won't be listening to music, why buy the flagship Android phone?

Surely the whole point of a device that can do all this wonderful stuff is to actually do it? It would be like buying a Ferrari but specifying a 2,000rpm rev limit.

Storage is such a simple and cheap thing, but the lack of it can completely cripple a top end phone.

If storage is an issue, then the S3 is the obvious choice.

For the majority, 16 GB is perfectly fine. Even 8 GB would be fine for some.

I would still like to see a 32GB LTE version at some point so that they can cover all bases. Don't see that happening unless they do what Apple did with the 4S.

What would be perfectly acceptable is an SD card slot, but thanks to Apple that will soon be a thing of the past.

But if your not going to play games, aren't going to watch or record HD video, and won't be listening to music, why buy the flagship Android phone?

Surely the whole point of a device that can do all this wonderful stuff is to actually do it? It would be like buying a Ferrari but specifying a 2,000rpm rev limit.

Storage is such a simple and cheap thing, but the lack of it can completely cripple a top end phone.

I just got the note 2. I don't play phone games, listen to music or watch video on the go. I do however appreciate a slick os experience with no lag. I also like a big high quality screen and appreciate sharp aesthetics.

After all, the iPhone 5 is a flagship phone with high end features yet I know a few owners who are anything but power users & just like it because it's the latest iPhone. I'm the same except for android!

The S4 quad/adreno destroys the exynos/mali in the GS 3 (no benchmarks comparing the 2 below but as you can see, you know what the outcome will be) and pretty much everything else

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6112/...agon-s4-apq8064adreno-320-performance-preview

Simply put, nothing on the smartphone market can beat the S4 quad/adreno 320.

It will really make the GS 3 CPU/GPU look like 3 years old tech. :p

3 y/o tech, really? :p Are you suggesting the N4 will make the S3 feel like a HTC Desire?

I remember you saying SoC hardware was already great at this time in moment and more powerful stuff would have little gain.

Quad krait is really no better than the dual krait you have in the HOS.

The GPU bump is huge over the adreno 225 yes, but show me the software that can utilise its power. Nothing maxes out the Mali-400.

Soo, back in the real world, will there be much difference in performance (N4 vs S3)? I'm not sure there will be, as the S3 with JB is silly smooth and fast.

Indeed! :D And the screen is supposedly very PE too :eek:

I am expecting very good results for battery life.

I'm expecting very similar results to the Optimus G tbh. Will be surprised if its much better.

This will be sat at the top for quite a while, can't see anything beating it by a HUGE amount for at least a year......

GS4 - Exynos 5. Blinding Camera?

Only advantage of the GS 3 that we know of for now is storage

and possibly:

- camera
- audio

but not by much......

Everything on the nexus 4 is better.

Screen will come down to personal preference though.

Camera/Vid cam will most likely be quite a bit better on the S3 - We'll see.
Audio - meh, guessing tie.
Screen - tie

Design - I prefer the N4 but I can't help but sigh over the software buttons taking up too much screen space, and they're too far up:

0DMjrpLzxROS1aveJxd-___LrN84eXW3a8c3E0BV2CPvwBfIg8yRl6ZFF7Z4t5iRyEg

Pretty much trounces it from what people are saying, only thing the s3 has not very it is the storage options ie 32gb model whereas the GN4 only comes in 8/16gb versions.

trounces? For the price God yes, ultimately - no. See above.

16GB is plenty of storage for photos/videos, over 1000 photos including 1080P and slow motion videos on my phone and still have about 4GB free.

16GB is only a problem if you plan on throwing your entire music collection on.

There is no credible reason of capping the storage at 16GB (12GB Usable) for this kind of phone. Just plain stupid.

3D Games take up huge GB's, then you have 1080p vid cams, 2GB music, season episodes, Nandroids etc etc. 32GB should have at least have been an option as it just makes sense.

would it make more sense to buy this out right and then get a very cheap sim only contract? i've been holding on to my over priced tmobile contract so that when upgrade time comes i get a good deal, but i can't see how anyone could beat this as i'd guess tmobile etc would still sneakily charge as though this is a high priced phone.

btw i'm so glad that this news come today. only earlier i was talking about how i cannot find a phone to replace my sgs2 as none seem a worth while upgrade for the cost, but this is

Yes, get a nice sim only deal - Click here - pick whichever has the best signal in your area. Works out much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom