***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

You could easily trim down your music I'm sure there is a huge % you haven't or wont listen to for a long time. I know its lame not having everything but you could just keep the best in the cloud if you ever do need it.

Yeah I could do, but it's not really a sacrifice I'd like to have to make. I don't have any playlists set up, I literally just play the whole library on shuffle (about 15GB in total). If there was better high-speed coverage, and truly unlimited data then I'd quite happily stream it from the cloud, but at the moment I can't rely on it in the way I'd like.

Plus even without any of my music, I'd still run out of space on a 16GB phone :(.

Yeah I could do, but it's not really a sacrifice I'd like to have to make. I don't have any playlists set up, I literally just play the whole library on shuffle (about 15GB in total). If there was better high-speed coverage, and truly unlimited data then I'd quite happily stream it from the cloud, but at the moment I can't rely on it in the way I'd like.

Plus even without any of my music, I'd still run out of space on a 16GB phone :(.

Im always at the limit on my S2, between 2-0gb left most of the time. I have around 4gb music on my phone, photos and videos I've record, rest is Movies/TV show I want to watch for the next few days, Apps, Data backs ups and roms. I had an iPod for a long time so I have around 40gb of music but so much of it I dont listen to anymore so its just sticking on my HDD for now, slowly moving things over to the cloud.

16 GB is a non issue for me, I don't store many videos on my phone. The Google music "pinning" feature works really well as well, so I shall be pre-ordering one as soon as Google let me give them money.

Well actually, I'd like to know more details but then again it's stupidly cheap and they are gonna sell out fast I imagine!

Just worked a deal with the misses, She is buying my S2 off me for £120 and I'm getting this.
What a price. Hats off to Google and LG
8GB version will be plenty for me also.

I didn't even know this pinning feature existed on Google Music, it's awesome :eek:

I may give up on Winamp's wireless sync, it would be brilliant but it's been buggy since release and their dev team is useless.

would it make more sense to buy this out right and then get a very cheap sim only contract? i've been holding on to my over priced tmobile contract so that when upgrade time comes i get a good deal, but i can't see how anyone could beat this as i'd guess tmobile etc would still sneakily charge as though this is a high priced phone.

btw i'm so glad that this news come today. only earlier i was talking about how i cannot find a phone to replace my sgs2 as none seem a worth while upgrade for the cost, but this is

would it make more sense to buy this out right and then get a very cheap sim only contract? i've been holding on to my over priced tmobile contract so that when upgrade time comes i get a good deal, but i can't see how anyone could beat this as i'd guess tmobile etc would still sneakily charge as though this is a high priced phone.

btw i'm so glad that this news come today. only earlier i was talking about how i cannot find a phone to replace my sgs2 as none seem a worth while upgrade for the cost, but this is

I'll be buying outright then using my giffgaff sim.

I'll be buying outright and using my SIM.

500 minutes, Unlimited Texts and Data for £8 a month with a £279 phone - £160 or so for my S II.. == winning.

You should be able to get some nice SIM deals in the holiday period.

I'm impressed, I was tempted to replace my SGS2 with a Galaxy Nexus recently but will probably end up picking up one of these.

Does this thing have a notification LED btw? Can't seem to find any information about it.

I'm impressed, I was tempted to replace my SGS2 with a Galaxy Nexus recently but will probably end up picking up one of these.

Does this thing have a notification LED btw? Can't seem to find any information about it.

A very quick google suggests it does have the LED.

so very tempting to sell my gs2 for £150 and go for the 8gb nexus4.. i have 12gb free on my gs2 so storage not an issue. i use google music too :)

what to do :(

how is it that cheap?

It's a no brainer really sell your GS2 and and only be £90 out for a virtally top of the line phone.

Mainly battery, sound chip and SD storage. But I'll probably get rid of my S3 for this because I love stock Android.

Anyone know what sound chip is in the Nexus 4, I listen to a lot of music.

The S4 DAC, it is not bad at all.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g-review-835p7.php

The LG Optimus 4X HD audio output was pretty disappointing, but the company has obviously learned its lesson and here comes the LG Optimus G with some of the cleanest output we have seen.
The below average volume levels aside, the Optimus G results came out excellent in the first part of our test. When connected to an active external amplifier, the smartphone produces excellently clean output with no weak points whatsoever.
Even more impressively, stereo crosstalk is the only area of its performance to suffer noticeably when we plugged in a pair of headphones. On that occasion the LG Optimus G produced one of the cleanest outputs we have seen. The volume levels don’t drop like on most of the Optimus G rivals, either, so they can qualify as average on this occasion.

Just like the dual krait which also has clean audio output. All the WP8 devices should sound similar, as well as any S4 device out there currently.

I'm still shocked by the pricing, it's a mid range phone price for a high end phone! OEMS must be wetting themselves right now seeing the price! Even so next year will be interesting some serious tech to claw back potential Nexus owners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom