***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

True, but how will it compare once the S gets jellybean too? :p

I'll let you know when JB finally arrives :p. But honestly, S3 on JB doesn't leave you wanting.

I thought there where results on anandtech showing the s4 pro with the new adreno GPU to be even more PE than the S4 dual krait/adreno 225?

I'll try and find it - but haven't seen that said before. Would make no sense either. More compute power and less power consumption? both 28nm and both krait.

Well I would certainly hope for a device to be far better in 7 or so months time! :D

You asked the question :p

I know, I agree with you on the SAMOLED advantages and much rather have it, but when you look at most of the expert reviews, they all still rate the X screen to be in a different league to the GS 3 screen. As you know I have no problems with pentile either :)

They are just people opinions like everyone else - there's simply no right or wrong in which screen is better.

Yeah I seen that, although iirc the verge said the screen was very good outside in sun light?

Will just have to wait and hear some user opinions as you and I both know, these "expert" reviews can be wrong sometimes :o :p

Yes. Looking forward to GSMarena and Anand's reviews :)

If it's anything like when I tried buying a magazine with my US proxy (experimenting :p), I don't think it would let me go any further due to not having an american credit card. Granted I was using a UK debit card, maybe a UK credit card would work?

Was it an issue of Playboy? :p

Strangely, Google Wallet won't let me pay anyone in UK/Europe with my Amex, but it will let me transact with that card in USD (it's a UK card - go figure!). So hopefully the payment should be fine.

Delivery should be interesting though... I am over in the US late November, so could make it work potentially ;)

IIRC it was more to do with the adreno GPU, I think it was in an article with regards to the 1080P screen on the HTC BF and the chipset, iirc the title was like "is a big battery really necessary for 1080P displays" or something along those lines anyway.

Wonder how long it will be till they get their reviews up, they are usually quite quick with the flagship devices.

So how do you get the free LG TV via first 100 "02" customers - cant find it on there twitter facebook or website , seems to be mentiond in number of blogs.

I think it is the best looking phone on the market, the small amount of plastic on the device even looks quality it looks so gorgeous in the videos. Will be interesting to see how the rear glass holds up to scratches etc.

Don't like that pattern on the back, gives it a cheap look. Should have just kept it plain/bland.

Other than that, I think it looks nice and it looks incredibly smooth there.

I would advise against a US buy it and post it service because you will be stung by fees for the service, postage to the UK and then VAT/import TAX (depending on the rules for phones).

Either way the £50 difference will be taken up by fees and postage and it will end up costing more.

I would just order it here on the 13th, as I said on another thread I am considering upgrading my contract to an iPhone 5 and selling it to pay for a Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 from Google (£558 for both - value of a 32GB iPhone 5 unopened £599).

Back
Top Bottom