***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

I was really hoping for this to have LTE too, but its so cheap idc anymore, be getting it on the first day pre-orders are opened.

I couldn't care less about LTE tbh. Speeds of 3G/H are good enough for browsing and streaming videos etc. and the coverage is still **** poor not to mention the prices and besides I always have wifi around me anyway :p

The price is insane, it basically prices a top end (seriously this thing has top top specs) attractive looking mobile phone into impulse buy territory... seriously good value.

Google are playing hardball.

It's completely bat **** crazy (in a good way!).

That's just obscenely aggressive pricing. You could be giving out free phones on £10 contracts.

The only potential downside is it being viewed as a cheap device and thus low quality. But christ, sub £300.. Seriously? People can think it's cheap all they like, extra £250 in the back pocket from an iPhone 5.. It's nearly half the price!!

Google, WTF?! :D

I couldn't care less about LTE tbh. Speeds of 3G/H are good enough for browsing and streaming videos etc. and the coverage is still **** poor not to mention the prices and besides I always have wifi around me anyway :p

Yeah but at this points there really not much more the next phone will offer, this thing has everything covered, nfc, wireless charging both being future tech I would also like LTE so I could keep this bad boy for atleast 2 years no problem. 3g speeds are good enough but I just wanted everything, but at £279 being almost half of what the iPhone5 is hahahaha no questions asked here just buy.

The pricing is incredible. We're talking used S3 money for something that's better and new.
I shall pre order one as soon as I can. Love Nexus devices although I ten bot to keep them for long.

This was never going to have LTE support, it would require google to produce too many different sets for all sorts of places in the world. They wanted to produce one device that works everywhere.

If I'm honest LTE doesn't bother me in the least, for my current 3G usage I never find myself thinking "Gee wish I could browse this site faster" and with the current LTE prices there's no way you can do any media streaming anyway.

We all need to keep our eye out for the exact hour these come up for purchase, I am guessing they will sell out pretty quickly.

Depending what you use the storage for a OTG cable and some external storage might a solution.
Yes, that's possible, but then you lose the "only one item in my pocket to worry about" factor. I could go back to storing several GB of important (to me) backup data on a USB stick, but that feels like a step backwards.

I guess I just get frustrated sometimes. If my cheap & somewhat nasty Samsung Apollo can manage an SD card why not a device like this? They must have cut a few corners to keep the price down, but these days -- especially on a device capable of decent photography and video -- I want expandable storage.

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse not to spend more then £100 on a phone. The last few hours may turn out to have been an idle daydream. :-)

16GB is plenty of storage for photos/videos, over 1000 photos including 1080P and slow motion videos on my phone and still have about 4GB free.

16GB is only a problem if you plan on throwing your entire music collection on.

Yes, that's possible, but then you lose the "only one item in my pocket to worry about" factor. I could go back to storing several GB of important (to me) backup data on a USB stick, but that feels like a step backwards.

I guess I just get frustrated sometimes. If my cheap & somewhat nasty Samsung Apollo can manage an SD card why not a device like this? They must have cut a few corners to keep the price down, but these days -- especially on a device capable of decent photography and video -- I want expandable storage.

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse not to spend more then £100 on a phone. The last few hours may turn out to have been an idle daydream. :-)

the original Optimus G didn't have a SD card but the version raped by AT&T did so it can be done. My thought is that Apple doesn't do it and they sell millions so OEM use that as an excuse to keep it out as well, they don't need to think about it or were they need to place it and gives them a cleaner unibody design.

16GB is plenty of storage for photos/videos, over 1000 photos including 1080P and slow motion videos on my phone and still have about 4GB free.

16GB is only a problem if you plan on throwing your entire music collection on.

Google music really fixes the storage issue, you can quickly and easily select a few GB's of your music libraries to store on your device and change them out at any time for a different lot. I am already doing this and it works really well! :)

Google music really fixes the storage issue, you can quickly and easily select a few GB's of your music libraries to store on your device and change them out at any time for a different lot. I am already doing this and it works really well! :)

In a few years maybe, but with data caps and patchy network coverage it's just not up to the job, yet. It's getting there though.

This, coming from an iPod I was always used to carrying everything around from since I was 7 (1997 baby :D) but once I got my S2 I just noticed the amount of music I actual listen to is so small and the rest can just be up in the skies ;)

In a few years maybe, but with data caps and patchy network coverage it's just not up to the job, yet. It's getting there though.

I'm talking about selecting a couple of gigs over your wifi connection. I keep about 3GB of music on my device currently from my 18GB music collection, it is all in the cloud and I can quickly and easily change out music over my wifi connection before I leave the house.

I'm talking about selecting a couple of gigs over your wifi connection. I keep about 3GB of music on my device currently from my 18GB music collection, it is all in the cloud and I can quickly and easily change out music over my wifi connection before I leave the house.

Fair enough, I was talking about having it all on the phone and not having to spend the time picking and choosing.

Yup I also use google music now, besides I only have like 2GB of music in total! :p

so very tempting to sell my gs2 for £150 and go for the 8gb nexus4.. i have 12gb free on my gs2 so storage not an issue. i use google music too :)

what to do :(

how is it that cheap?

Fair enough, I was talking about having it all on the phone and not having to spend the time picking and choosing.

You could easily trim down your music I'm sure there is a huge % you haven't or wont listen to for a long time. I know its lame not having everything but you could just keep the best in the cloud if you ever do need it.

so very tempting to sell my gs2 for £150 and go for the 8gb nexus4.. i have 12gb free on my gs2 so storage not an issue. i use google music too :)

what to do :(

how is it that cheap?

In the same boat but my S2 only has 2gb free so Ill go for the 16GB version. Google pays for it I would guess, Good guy Google eh ;)

I use google music anyway here in the UK.

Those prices are ridiculous.

I agree. The nexus 10 is only £319 as well.

I am due an upgrade. Clearly the way to go
is get an iPhone 5. Sell it and buy both nexus 4 and 10.

Back
Top Bottom