***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Seems like Google have revolutionised the smartphone pricing model to bring it line with what amazon have done with the kindle. Sell at close to cost price with a view to sucking people in to Google services where they really make their money. And just imagine the purchasing power they held with LG when they were negotiating manufacture.

Pricing a phone like this so low is bound to steal apple fans away, especially in an economic downturn.

Last edited:
Seems like Google have revolutionised the smartphone pricing model to bring it line with what amazon have done with the kindle. Sell at close to cost price with a view to sucking people in to Google services where they really make their money. And just imagine the purchasing power they held with LG when they were negotiating manufacture.

Pricing a phone like this so low is bound to steal apple fans away, and especially in an economic downturn.

The problem with this approach is that it prices other manufacturers out of the market who can't afford to prop up their hardware business with revenue from other sources. Amazon and Google need to be careful they aren't too successful with this approach because they could face an anti-trust case.

The problem with this approach is that it prices other manufacturers out of the market who can't afford to prop up their hardware business with revenue from other sources. Amazon and Google need to be careful they aren't too successful with this approach because they could face an anti-trust case.

I'd imagine this is a massively complex area of law and knowing almost nothing about it, I can only hope you're wrong :-D.

Does anybody know what size sim card this takes? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Also I wonder how much the wireless charging pads will be?

I heard a sony camera sensor mentioned in the verge video. An 8mp camera on a sony sensor should be at least as good as a gs2 right? I am particularly interested in a good camera. Is anyone able to explain a bit about the potential of the sensor used?

Edit- the other major factor for me will be whether you can side load flash onto it.

Last edited:
So I have one of these with an 8GB microSD card, which people are AMAZED by!

zls0w4.jpg

What is it called, and how does it work?

I am sold on this. I hace a 16gb Nexus 7 and cope fine, I have wifi at home, college and work so using google music for some music will be fine and for all my movies and so on I use a OTG cable so I could store a few on the phone itself and the rest on my usb.

At the price it is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom