***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

His signal has been pretty decent, not the best, but good enough that he should be seeing much better battery life.

@m4rk84, haven't looked at the whole thread on XDA etc. for battery life but from the posts I have seen, not one person has said that they have got 5 hours on screen time let alone 6 hours (unless they just kept it at zero percent brightness all the time with no data connection etc. :p), majority of posts all seem to be saying that it is poor.

Could you link these posts, cba searching :p

Also people are now saying that it is the CPU, which isn't sleeping properly or something, could some install CPU spy from the market and post screenshots here please (when you get to 15% or lower)

Last edited:
His signal has been pretty decent, not the best, but good enough that he should be seeing much better battery life.

@m4rk84, haven't looked at the whole thread on XDA etc. for battery life but I haven't seen one person say that they have got 5 hours on screen time let alone 6 hours (unless they just kept it at zero percent brightness all the time with no data connection etc. :p), majority of posts all seem to be saying that it is poor.

Could you link these posts, cba searching :p

Also people are now saying that it is the CPU, which isn't sleeping properly or something, could some install CPU spy from the market and post screenshots here please (when you get to 15% or lower)

Heres one guy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34259134&postcount=74

Something is definitely wrong with your device or you have not turned off Google Now+Backup because on the battery impression thread and even in here we are all getting 5-6 hours screen time with auto-brightness and my phone has lasted 28 hours now with moderate usage...

Basically something is wrong, work out what it is.

switched off now...but I like google now:(

not going to install Engadget - had no problem with it on GNex...

switched off now...but I like google now:(

not going to install Engadget - had no problem with it on GNex...

Yeh I think Google Now is just bugged in 4.2, wait it out for a fix. On my SII Now never drained my battery nearly as much. I think it just waking up the phone way more often then it used too.

That isn't 5-6 hours on screen time.........that's 2 hours 13 minutes on screen time! :p

Also:

In addition my sim was in the phone but wasn't activated for the first 10h of the statistics or so

Plus he didn't state any usage or screen brightness, therefore irrelevant results :p

I have noticed that android OS is using quite a high percentage of battery life in a few screenshots now. Shouldn't be using that much....

No I posted the wrong link, check it again. Sorry my bad! :p

Also Bastic turn off the NFC for testing again please, just interested to see how it does with all off now.

Last edited:
Hurray! I picked up my N4 from a nice chap via Gumtree!

Cost me £475 but I was prepared to pay £700 so it's OK, that's how much iPhones are anyway?
Was rather strange though, he was the smuggest looking guy I've ever seen. Drool dripped off his chin when I took my wallet out and kept licking his lips with intense glee.
Putting in my new EE 4G sim card now, will report the type speeds I'm getting around timbuktu. £36 for 500GB is amazing value!

:)

lol

Nice, but.........

- he didn't post any other screenshots, meaning we don't know how long wifi or whatever was on for, signal strength, for all we know he could have had airplane mode on for most of the time (unfortunately people do this quite a lot especially on XDA :o :(, really despise that forum, but that is a story for another time :p)

- either the screen brightness was very low or the screen is very power efficient as according to the % of battery it used, it is very low considering the time it was on for especially if the mobile only had a full charge for like 5-7 hours

- how long was the phone on for in total? You will always get the best on screen time if you just use the phone as soon as it is straight of the charge for 5 hours straight or whatever length of time etc. where as if he had spread the usage over 24 hours, it could only last for about 2-4 hours on screen time

We need some people to do a battery review/analysis like android police! :p

Last edited:
Walked into the o2 store

Me: Hey, do you have any Nexus 4's in stock
Her: Yeah we do, do you have a current o2 SIM?
Me: Nah, I use GiffGaff
Her: GiffGaff won't work in the Nexus 4
Me: Why? It runs off of o2's network
Her: No, they rent our network to use, you can't use a GiffGaff SIM in the Nexus 4
Me: I assure you, you can.
Her manager walks over
Him: Yeah, you will need to have an o2 SIM to work in the phone, GiffGaff won't work in handsets locked to o2
Me: Yeah, well Google tells me different
Him: Well we are o2, and we know it wont work
Me: Go test it then
He plods off for 5-10 minutes and comes back

"Yeah, looks like GiffGaff will work in a Nexus 4"

t8tgs2.jpg

I'v been posting mine though, close to 29 hours on time so far from mine, it was only at 90% though at the start and I have close to 3 hours screen on time.

Still 30% battery left.

edit: I will do a more detailed test from 100% tomorrow with full details and screens.

Last edited:
No I posted the wrong link, check it again. Sorry my bad! :p

Also Bastic turn off the NFC for testing again please, just interested to see how it does with all off now.

after second charge it might get better...but google now, nfc, locations are switched off now...

again, I dont want to have all of that switched off :( maybe nfc, as I dont use it, but would like to be able to use now

I'v been posting mine though, close to 29 hours on time so far from mine, it was only at 90% though at the start and I have close to 3 hours screen on time.

Still 30% battery left.

edit: I will do a more detailed test from 100% tomorrow with full details and screens.

Yours is the best battery life I have seen yet :D :p

Nice, that is what I am talking about now! :cool: Look forward to it, thanks :)

Walked into the o2 store

Me: Hey, do you have any Nexus 4's in stock
Her: Yeah we do, do you have a current o2 SIM?
Me: Nah, I use GiffGaff
Her: GiffGaff won't work in the Nexus 4
Me: Why? It runs off of o2's network
Her: No, they rent our network to use, you can't use a GiffGaff SIM in the Nexus 4
Me: I assure you, you can.
Her manager walks over
Him: Yeah, you will need to have an o2 SIM to work in the phone, GiffGaff won't work in handsets locked to o2
Me: Yeah, well Google tells me different
Him: Well we are o2, and we know it wont work
Me: Go test it then
He plods off for 5-10 minutes and comes back

"Yeah, looks like GiffGaff will work in a Nexus 4"

t8tgs2.jpg

:D

You got to love the people that work in phone shops :p They don't have a clue!

Back
Top Bottom