***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

This phone feels like a failed promise to me- what do I mean?

Well there are great things about it and bad things.

The display resolution is great. But the colours are washed out compared to even other LCD displays like I have on the padfone 2 here. It is also jerky as hell most of the time and don't get me started on battery life... some of those issues will be fixed but a software update but how Google released it like this with so many bugs is weird.

The build quality and fell is fantastic though- I much prefer of too the padfone but the nexus doesn't come close performance wise despite having the same internals exactly. Is a confusing mess.

I'm just not sure where your finding this mysterious lag... I have posted videos of just how responsive and smooth the phone is, care to go into more detail?

Even a bunch of the reviews comment on how the phone feels like the smoothest Android experience anywhere. Not seeing any of the jerkiness here so confused.

This phone feels like a failed promise to me- what do I mean?

Well there are great things about it and bad things.

The display resolution is great. But the colours are washed out compared to even other LCD displays like I have on the padfone 2 here. It is also jerky as hell most of the time and don't get me started on battery life... some of those issues will be fixed but a software update but how Google released it like this with so many bugs is weird.

The build quality and fell is fantastic though- I much prefer of too the padfone but the nexus doesn't come close performance wise despite having the same internals exactly. Is a confusing mess.

Not see any lag at all and I tried to hammer this thing as much as I could, everything was just instant in a way I have never really experience on a smartphone. The screen is also amazing, colours were really great, blacks looked really nice too. Only thing is that it doesnt have that floating effect you get with the One X, which leads too those near perfect viewing angels on a LCD panel. All the software issues were sorted out before released IIRC so I'm not exactly sure what your on about here.

Wonder if it is the same with the nexus 4 devices as it is with the nexus 7 devices, some people get units which have washed out colours and some bad light bleed (although maybe not quite as bad as what some nexus 7 units have :p :o) where as others get very good screens that don't have washed out colours. It seemed to be a mixed opinion on the colours of the N4 screen amongst the expert review sites.

Have just been trying out Google earth on my s (second time using the app in like 6-7 months :o :p) and tbph it looks to be just as quick and smooth as the nexus 4 in m4rk's video, although the n4 looks like it renders the terrain quicker.

Will try to upload a video in the next day or two.

Considering the o2 store, then putting my play order on ebay at o2 store prices (or thereabouts) when it arrives - to get the difference back. Sound like a plan?

It isn't that good though (imo it is poor) as he had the screen set to 0% brightness for pretty much the entire time and in total the phone was on for only about 12 hours, if he had kept it set to about 30% brightness and spread the usage across 24 hours, it would have been a lot less, I get that on screen time with auto brightness spread across a day of heavier usage and the GS 3, one xl would be similar too, the note II would just be laughing at them all though :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom