***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Aspect ratio of phones is more of a trend rather than practical use. People like to view videos, TV & movies on their portable devices so 16.9 suits this well, and keeps the phones slightly slimmer than 16.10 say (I prefer) This Nexus device is great value but it ends there if you ask me. Great internals don't always make a phone and I'll be waiting for the next bunch of super phones next year.

Depends on what you want from your phone doesn't it? I'd value a phone which can go at least a couple of days much more than a phone that's 3mm thinner or whatever.

Maybe stop hiking through the wilderness for days on end where you have no access to a power outlet or car charger to just plug your phone in? Rather have a thinner nicer looking phone and just plug the phone in at night or when i am at my desk.

Maybe stop hiking through the wilderness for days on end where you have no access to a power outlet or car charger to just plug your phone in? Rather have a thinner nicer looking phone and just plug the phone in at night or when i am at my desk.

I've just checked Google and apparently there's more than 1 phone being made, so this means you can in fact choose what's most important to you! Isn't that great news? I don't want to have to constantly remember to plug my phone in, I actually want to do that as little as possible, if you can't understand that then you're not thinking enough about the subject.

I was worried that the note 2 would be too big, but I'm used to it now and more than that, the gs3 feels annoyingly small now. If it fits fine in my jeans pocket, then the bigger the better.

I know it's pointless discussing this though, as they're different devices in almost every way.

phone on for 27.5hours
8196763191_681a38feae_c.jpg

Loving the device so far, it's so fast and smooth. The Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean was smooth in terms of general UI, but the 4.2 keyboard that I flashed was very laggy; on the Nexus 4 the gesture keyboard just works better.
What phone were you using before? Is this really worth ignoring the HTC One X/X+ and Samsung GS3 for? I'm nearing the end of my 24 month HTC Sensation contract and I don't know what to go for next. I know the specs for the Nexus 4 pretty much blow everything out of the water but the availability issues concern me. It won't be before the end of Feburary 2013 that I can upgrade so hopefully the availability issues for the Nexus 4 will be gone by then.

Rumours are that around beginning of next year we might see sgs4

I wouldn't believe that at all, Samsung runs android game right now, unlike HTC, sony and everyone rushing to get a new flagship out on a 3month or less cycle samsung tends to just take their time. At this point Galaxy S line is as good as an iPhone in that people will buy it not matter what. I would expect the new phone to be out roughly the same time as the s3.

N4 really does look nice.
people seen this thread?, that really puts me off it.

tempted by the gs3 but the random death puts me off that.

guess i'll wait for the gs4, shame i really do love the look of the N4.

Back
Top Bottom