***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Considering the o2 store, then putting my play order on ebay at o2 store prices (or thereabouts) when it arrives - to get the difference back. Sound like a plan?

It's a plan, yes, but a rather daft one. When you get the play order is probably when stock becomes plentiful and you might struggle to even reach a play store price. If you really think you can make money, get one from O2 and list it now. If it doesnt go, then you can use it yourself. Otherwise, just wait for your order. Whats the rush.

I've had the phone since Thursday afternoon, and so far I don't think the battery is as good as my S3 was, but I don't think it is that far behind. I'm really enjoying the phone much more than I was the S3 though. Vanilla JB is just a joy to use.

It isn't that good though (imo it is poor) as he had the screen set to 0% brightness for pretty much the entire time and in total the phone was on for only about 12 hours, if he had kept it set to about 30% brightness and spread the usage across 24 hours, it would have been a lot less, I get that on screen time with auto brightness spread across a day of heavier usage and the GS 3, one xl would be similar too, the note II would just be laughing at them all though :p

For minimum brightness yes i agree, i thought he had left it on auto.

For example this is what I got yesterday from the one S

- auto screen brightness the entire time
- most of the on screen time was from browsing
- about 25 minutes of LAN streaming TV episodes via BS player
- 3 youtube videos about 6 minutes in total
- about 20 SMS sent
- about 20-25 photos taken
- 15 minutes of flipboard
- about 5 minutes of phone calls
- usual browsing of play store, installing and uninstalling apps
- customizing homescreen and ending back on the same layout after 10 minutes, as usual :p :o
- weather to sync every 2 hours, general gmail push

Can see what my GPS and wifi status is below:

SeUet.png 8vdVM.png MCM8f.png

And this is the activity time using dolphin browser with the jetpack addon and for quick ICS browser it was 10 minutes:

jN1li.png
the phone could have lasted till 10am easily and only dropped like 1-2% if I stopped using it but I needed it to be fully charged and ready to use by that time so had no choice but to just keep going :p

Now in theory the nexus 4 should be getting better better battery life than the above, at the very least matching it (power efficient screen + S4 pro [very PE!] + 2100mAh next gen battery and stock android, which should be very well optimised) so I am still betting on some software updates to sort these battery issues out.

@Murray

Yup, better battery stats should give us an idea as to what is using the battery up, when you hit 15% or lower, post the kernel and partial wakelock screens as well as process and CPU states.

People on XDA are saying it is a problem with the kernel configuration, iirc specifically the CPU frequencies.

Last edited:
4.2 just seems like the buggiest most rushed Android release in a long time from Google, surprising really ICS and JellyBean were so good!

IIRC ICS had its fair share of problems as well :p, something about signal issues, which took like 4 months or so to fix, don't think it affected everyone though, but most people in the GN thread seemed to have the same problem.

I get the idea this first batch of phones is being used as beta tests of 4.2, the phone and the marketing system. It will be sorted by the release of a 32GB version with the next Android update. 8GB will look pretty silly then.

Has anyone heard rumors for a 32GB model?

I'd hate to be like a lot of people who bought the Nexus 7 at launch only to find out the 32gb one came shortly after at the same price point.

^ Not sure I'll click that :p.

The Note 2 does have epic battery life. Coming from it to the Nexus 4 sounds like it'll be a disappointment in terms of battery life, but that's not to say the N4 is bad. It's probably about par or slightly better.

who would ever go from note 2 to n4? :D i mean really? samsung software support is good in my eyes, note is just as powerful and just as good as n4!

n4 is a downgrade in my eyes from note2! and i would get note2 if it was anywhere near the price of n4 :) but sadly it isn't and that puts note2 in a different league to n4 :)

^ Not sure I'll click that :p.

The Note 2 does have epic battery life. Coming from it to the Nexus 4 sounds like it'll be a disappointment in terms of battery life, but that's not to say the N4 is bad. It's probably about par or slightly better.

Im considering selling N4 and going for note2...

Note II is like the perfect device (well it isn't the best looker, although a little better looking then the S3) apart from the size, phablet just isn't for me after holding and having a little play with a few. It's neither big enough to be a tablet or small enough to be a phone, just not for me I'm afraid.

Has anyone heard rumors for a 32GB model?

I'd hate to be like a lot of people who bought the Nexus 7 at launch only to find out the 32gb one came shortly after at the same price point.

Seeing that LG Optimus G has 32 GB, Nexus 4's current pricing allows for some movement (up) and they did the same with Nexus 7, it's pretty much certain that a 32 GB will come out sooner rather than later. 2-3 months tops, depending on the availability of the lower end models.

Check out the Note 2 in person if you can because it is kind of big! Its an awesome phone though and if size wasn't an issue I would buy one without hesitation.

I agree, I was pretty much set on getting Note 2 last month, but the size put me off, it's just not usable as a phone for me. I don't understand why they want from 1280x800 to 1280x720 either, you'd think they'd keep the more sensible screen ratio on a smartphone that calls itself a phablet.

Most people wouldn't watch movies on it, so there goes the only advantage of a 16:9 screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom