***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Tariffs up on CPW now and they dont look the best.

I am thinking of buying this sim free, can anyone tell me if these giff gaff simcards are ok? is it a pain to renew them every month?

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mo...ealForAll=false&colourCode=&modelName=Nexus 4

It's not a pain, takes about 20secs to do online or you can set it to auto. There are also lots of really good sim only contracts that work out cheaper then Giffgaff you should look into!

Last edited:
I know the phone isn't out yet... but what do you think the battery life will be? Its got a bigger battery than the last nexus phone. I've read somewhere that the battery life is ~10 hours...which doesnt really mean much to me compared to other phones!

I get the feeling that either the tariffs are automatically calculated (and therefore hellishly poor), or carriers are buying it from Google/LG at a not-too dissimilar cost to what they would typically be at launch wholesale from the manufacturer who then bumps the price to £500 for regular punters.

I'd be interested to see what the profit is for Google/LG per phone at £240/£280 a pop.

The networks must be praying that Joe Bloggs doesn't become aware of how much it can be picked up for sim-free, it'll be interesting to see what Google's marketing is like.

Last edited:
It's not a pain, takes about 20secs to do online or you can set it to auto. There are also lots of really good sim only contracts that work out cheaper then Giffgaff you should look into!

im ideally needing 1 gig of net so the £10 giff gaff deal seems the best. will keep looking though.

giff gaff advertise this as unlimited but what are we really talking does anyone know?:rolleyes:

im ideally needing 1 gig of net so the £10 giff gaff deal seems the best. will keep looking though.

giff gaff advertise this as unlimited but what are we really talking does anyone know?:rolleyes:

No they changed it, unlimited is now £12 and the £10 is 1GB. But there's still no hidden fair use terms, and the £12 also allows tethering.

I actually chuckled :)

For only £10 get 250 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts and unlimited mobile Internet for one month. Plus, you will still benefit from our free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts on top of that.
That's damn impressive IMO. How do these gif gaf sims work though? I am reading the website and they seem like pay as you go things where you have to top up each month. Is it possible to set up a direct debit and have it come out every month like a normal contract?

That's damn impressive IMO. How do these gif gaf sims work though? I am reading the website and they seem like pay as you go things where you have to top up each month. Is it possible to set up a direct debit and have it come out every month like a normal contract?

You can set it to auto-renew then just forget about it and act like your on contract. At any time you can go back and change your tier or stop it all together, it's really very clever and well done.

They will send you a text each month stating your usages and telling you if you could have saved money on a different goody bag.

They are a fantastic company, I just wish the o2 network they use was better.

You can set it to auto-renew then just forget about it and act like your on contract. At any time you can go back and change your tier or stop it all together, it's really very clever and well done.

They will send you a text each month stating your usages and telling you if you could have saved money on a different goody bag.

They are a fantastic company, I just wish the o2 network they use was better.

Brilliant, I'm ordering a SIM now then and will probably order a Nexus 4 on day 1!!

I'm currently on O2 Simplicity with a pathetic 100mins and 100MB data a month for 13.50!! Much better deal with gifgaf!:D

Back
Top Bottom