***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

LOL Google is going hard, the Nexus 10 + Nexus 4 is almost the same price has getting something like an iPhone5. And the phone being better in almost every way, damn Google. If this thing had a SD card it would be a perfect phone.

Last edited:
some sites say that it will be shipping on 13th...google play says it will be available to order on 13th...not completely same...especially if they get loads of orders...dont see mine arriving on 14th...

No unlimited tariff allows tethering on giffgaff. They will implement tethering detection in 2013 q1.

Well no, they do not allow tethering. They don't detect for it, you're right, but it is part of the terms and conditions that tethering is not allowed. I just recently re-signed these terms and conditions because I used more than they deem is a normal amount of bandwidth within a certain period of time.

Tethering most certainly is not allowed, but if you don't use more than 1gb per hour, and 3gb per day, they won't start fussing.

Well no, they do not allow tethering. They don't detect for it, you're right, but it is part of the terms and conditions that tethering is not allowed. I just recently re-signed these terms and conditions because I used more than they deem is a normal amount of bandwidth within a certain period of time.

Tethering most certainly is not allowed, but if you don't use more than 1gb per hour, and 3gb per day, they won't start fussing.

They said they will implement systems to automatic block mobile data connections and take you to a holding page where tethering is detected. Very similar to how Three do things.

How do they detect the tethering?

I'm not all that bothered, not on Giffgaff (yet, probably will be when my contract is up in December). And I am not a heavy user anyway.

some sites say that it will be shipping on 13th...google play says it will be available to order on 13th...not completely same...especially if they get loads of orders...dont see mine arriving on 14th...

I'm interested in any clarification on this too. I imagine Google will be swamped, but it's not clear if other stockists will be selling at the same price as Google.

If you use over 1gb/hour or 3gb/day they will send you a warning that they suspect you are tethering/using the data for purposes that break the terms and conditions. If you do it again within 30 days they block your data access and you have to send an agent an email, where they then paste the applicable part of the T&Cs and ask you to agree to it again.

So they don't take measures to combat tethering specifically, no. That doesn't mean it's "allowed" though at all.

I'm interested in any clarification on this too. I imagine Google will be swamped, but it's not clear if other stockists will be selling at the same price as Google.

Its all still up in the air how things will proceed, bare in mind it says "Available for purchase on Tuesday, Nov. 13th" which does suggest they will be shipping that day. We will see if other stores get stocks for sale on the 13th though.

I also am not sure how limited the stock will be, I bet they have made a lot however I imagine demand for this will be huge there is a very high chance they will sell out pretty early on in the day I think.

Nope! Needs SD card support ... and a free pack of bacon!

I've actually been trying to convince myself that I could get by with 16GB of storage, but I just don't think I can do it! If I removed everything from my phone other than the pictures and videos then it would easily fit into the 16GB, but I'd be limited in the number of apps (mainly games obviously) I could have installed, and I've have to stream all my music from the cloud, which would hammer the battery life, and mean I could only realistically listen to music when connected to wifi. Just too much of a sacrifice to make.

It's a shame as it's an amazing phone and I've got a bad case of Gadget Acquisition Syndrome!

It doesn't need sd support. These days you're so rarely out of WiFi, be it home work restaurant etc., that you don't need more than that unless you're going on a trek to the Arctic circle or something. 16GB would easily last me long enough until I could swap some songs over on the cloud again.

Back
Top Bottom