***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

No need for SD Cards. Most people on this forum will still be crying for SD cards in 2025

Until there's truly unlimited, fully reliable coverage of high speed networks, a lot of people will still be needing more then 13GB of memory! Some people may not, and some may be able to work around to get the phone, but for a lot of us it's just not feasible.

Until there's truly unlimited, fully reliable coverage of high speed networks, a lot of people will still be needing more then 13GB of memory! Some people may not, and some may be able to work around to get the phone, but for a lot of us it's just not feasible.

My 4s only has about 500mb free space... It's all full of pictures to be fair so I guess I can do without them! I suppose between skydrive, google drive and my current 50gb of dropbox I've probably got enough space if I just sent my pictures off to the cloud everyday!

I've actually been trying to convince myself that I could get by with 16GB of storage, but I just don't think I can do it! If I removed everything from my phone other than the pictures and videos then it would easily fit into the 16GB, but I'd be limited in the number of apps (mainly games obviously) I could have installed, and I've have to stream all my music from the cloud, which would hammer the battery life, and mean I could only realistically listen to music when connected to wifi. Just too much of a sacrifice to make.

It's a shame as it's an amazing phone and I've got a bad case of Gadget Acquisition Syndrome!

See this is where our personalities come into it. My current phone has 8GB, and its already 2GB than I need. And that is including tracks I downloaded just to try (zune pass is good for something) and didn't like, but just too lazy to delete.

£25 for all that? That is a steal! ;)

£175 I'm thinking including original boxes and packaging!

I don't have a spare phone to tide me over until this is released though...grrr.

I'll give you £30 for 'the lot'???????? ;)

NO way!!! Not the S2 hahah just the accessories, The phone I think will be going to ASDA for £155 heh :D Only because it has a couple of dents in the corners & I doubt anyone would want to buy it :/

Thats not too bad at all Locke!

I'm going to have to use my mothers old Nokia beast for a week or two :(

Last edited:
Any idea if usb sticks draw a lot of power when plugged into tablets ?, I'm thinking of getting a 16GB Nexus 4 and Kingston DataTraveler Elite 32GB stick for putting movies etc on.

Yeah, I need to sell it as soon as possible, but I don't have a replacement phone.

If you are interested in selling it to Asda this is from their terms.

Reaches us within 14 days. The price we quote you is valid for 14 days and we reserve the right to pay the current market rate for phones received after this period.

I've just done it & I'll be sending it off next week I think!

https://tradein.asda.com/terms-and-conditions link if you want to check it out.

Last edited:
It has to be marketed the ******** off though - Galaxy S3 levels and beyond - for the general public to take any notice.

This is key.

The muted launch, and zero advertising so far do not bode well for it...

Seriously contemplating the 8GB version if I can get it in the US for dirt cheap (i.e. as close to ~£185 as possible). I would replace my second phone (LG Optimus 7) with it, which is currently has ~10GB out of 15GB free...

For reference, here is a shot of the storage on my main phone (Nexus S) - the main big 8.11GB chunk of space is Spotify offline files.

opoe84.png

Think I could manage comfortably with the 16GB as my main phone, but I can totally understand why people want more storage. Not having a 32GB model available is pretty stupid IMO...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom