***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Sounds like the software on the review units had a few bugs or issues, I imagine they will be cleared up pretty fast by Google after release. Camera seems to be better then expected rivaling and surpassing in some cases the SIII camera.

Nothing to put me off, this is still firmly my next phone. :)

Nothing to put me off really with the exception of The Verge managing to crack the back so easily.

Slightly disappointing that the battery isn't quite as good as it could be, although my S2 currently barely manages 2 hours screen time before it's dead, and that's easily lasting me through the day so I'm in for a treat regardless!

Yeah, a software update has to improve it, no way can LG's software be better optimised than stock android :p

Wish all these "expert" review sites would upload the full size photos rather than resizing them.........

Don't think there is anything in any of the reviews thus far to put me off getting this phone :D

I'm sure any perceived performance issues will be ironed out with a swift software update, or may not even be there in the final build....

Pack from ASDA recieved this morning, My SGS2 will be making its way there tomorrow morning :(

Now to use a crappy nokia for a few weeks! Good job I still have my iPhone 2G so I can play some musics!

This is the one of the reasons I'm buying the Nex4 - so I won't have to do without a good phone in-between changing my main phone :D

edit - just seen some reviews up - oooh there's loads of reviews. (just woke up lol)

Last edited:
I've read the Verge's through now and they're pretty much only negative is the lack of LTE. Seems a bit harsh how much they've penalised it based on that, I suppose you could add .5 or something for UK readers.

Didn't the iphone 4 / 4s have a glass back? Can't remember anyone making a big deal about that at the time. :D

Very impressed by this phone though. I guess Anand / GSM will have a proper review of the camera, so hopefully that'll be out soon.

I've read the Verge's through now and they're pretty much only negative is the lack of LTE. Seems a bit harsh how much they've penalised it based on that, I suppose you could add .5 or something for UK readers.

LTE is massive in the US though, you could probably add another 2 onto the Verge's score...

On the plus side, call quality and reception was excellent on the phone.

So they've knocked off more that .5 for not having LTE, would doesn't really matter over here at all.

Last edited:

Pretty much. He basically says if it were LTE enabled it would be his main phone, so for us in the UK there's no reason it shouldn't be our main phone. :)

I think Google may end up caving and putting out an LTE version in the future, possibly when they put out the inevitable 32GB version.

There's a few positives to the glass back that isn't mentioned. It should fair better against scratches then traditional plastic backs.

Last edited:
There's a few positives to the glass back that isn't mentioned. It should fair better against scratches then traditional plastic backs.

But then there's the negative of there being more glass to shatter come the inevitable drop, most of the iPhone owners I know who have the one with the glass back have become victim to this.

But then there's the negative of there being more glass to shatter come the inevitable drop, most of the iPhone owners I know who have the one with the glass back have become victim to this.

Well yeh there's that. :p

I like the look of it though, and I have confidence in my steady hands to not mess up! :D

I guess a lot of people will have covers for fear of smashing it.

i've waited since the s3 for this phone to come (well one that i like) and now it's so close these last few days seem to be taking forever. i just want to preorder it now so i can forget about it and stop checking this thread for new info when there isn't anything else i need to know

Software that's brand new and not even final yet. Software that will get updated very fast, unlike every other mobile phone. Software that will only improve these issues, which themselves do not appear to be that bad when compared across multiple reviews.

What are they releasing it for if it's slower that what went before it? A phone that lags when typing in a phone number.... Let me go get my 3210 out of the attic... fairly user it will keep up with that task.

Phone isn't ready to be released. End of story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom