***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

What are they releasing it for if it's slower that what went before it? A phone that lags when typing in a phone number.... Let me go get my 3210 out of the attic... fairly user it will keep up with that task.

Phone isn't ready to be release. End of story.

Oh please. Sounds like it had a small bug or something with the OS we know what the hardware is capable of because we have the Optimus G benchmarks to reference. The phone will be every bit as smooth or even more so then the Optimus G. Google will fix whatever was causing that before the release of the device or very very shortly after. Remember the main positive of a Nexus device is this is Google's baby software wise, they will eek everything out of it.

Oh please. Sounds like it had a small bug or something with the OS we know what the hardware is capable of because we have the Optimus G benchmarks to reference. The phone will be every bit as smooth or even more so then the Optimus G. Google will fix whatever was causing that before the release of the device or very very shortly after. Remember the main positive of a Nexus device is this is Google's baby software wise, they will eek everything out of it.

I'd agree with this, Engadget's review doesn't reallyseem to fall in line with what the others are saying, and the Slashgear/Android Community issue with browsing in Chrome will have been rectified in yesterdays Chrome update.

We'll have a better idea before it comes to purchasing time anyway.

Ouch that engadget review is a little offputting. Was only gonna trade the s3 for this for better game performance etc and yet it failed hard in benchmarks(can live with that might just be benchmarks) but then also was skipping frames in games they were playing? Sounds like a bad apple to me. Could they have used some kind of cheap version of the components?

this is from Gizmodo's review:

As it is right now, this is not a phone I could take on a long trip where outlet access is spotty. That honour still goes to the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD, which is still very fast and will get you almost two days of real use on a single charge (and it’s only 0.2mm thicker than this phone). We’re hoping that’s something that will be fixed in the upcoming software update (which will hit before the phone ships), and if that’s the case, we’re probably talking 4.5 stars and our unreserved “Go buy it now!” Fingers crossed.

Apple could release a product with poo all over it and Engadget would still find some positives. Worried about the battery life, was hoping it would be better than my XS's battery.

Last edited:
Hmm, definitely waiting for user reviews instead and won't be doing anything till a few updates are released.

:D Benchmarks look worse than they are - also sunspider are comparing chrome to Android stoock browser, so not a fair test.
+ve's are screen is quite decent - though is it 100% sRGB?
+ Camera Is not as good as One x/s , S3 it seems, But decent overall
I think the batterylife will be fine too - 4hrs display time will be achievalble me thinks - but not RAZRhd busting as you envisaged :p.

Overall for the money (and in absolute terms) this phone seems great.

LCD over AMOLED though is hardest thing to bear for me :D.

So the Gizmodo review clearly states a software update is due from Google before the phone ships, I imagine most of the issues are fixed in that update and it will score pretty much the same as the Optimus G. All the reviews are overwhelmingly positive though and pretty much every review clearly states this is the best Android experience money can buy.

What are they releasing it for if it's slower that what went before it? A phone that lags when typing in a phone number.... Let me go get my 3210 out of the attic... fairly user it will keep up with that task.

Phone isn't ready to be released. End of story.

Don't be so dense. It hasn't been released, they're reviewing pre-release units/software.

Back
Top Bottom