***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

The benchmarks look fine to me. Chrome has always generated rubbish scores and the GPU is the fastest thing around before it starts throttling :D (early days for drivers!)
The CPU and 2D performance in quadrant are abnormally low but that's all software related. Probably need to be updated to support 4.2? Everything else matches the Optimus G (ie read/write, so no cheap eMMC! :cool:)

They are acceptable :p But it should be getting far better performance than what it is currently.

Hmm perhaps they do need to be updated.....

Will just have to wait and see if this new update improves it.

Not really bothered by the "benchmarks", was just taken back by them and couldn't really care less as long as real world performance is all good.

Main thing is the camera, audio and battery life needs to be as good as the S (or not much worse) and I will be happy :)

Although the comments about a washed out display are putting me off a wee bit as well.... again will have to wait and see after some more reviews and users opinions :)

All we need is reliable radio performance figures and 3rd party back covers. :p

:D

You won't be able to "sarge" the N4! :D :(

This thread made me realize how many ppl own the S3 when the HOX is the better phone

:p

Neither phone is 100% better than the other, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Looking at it from a 3rd person view :p The GS 3 is the more "complete phone".

Last edited:
Quite honestly I'm glad there are people in this thread that are disappointed with the reviews, means it's more likely that the rest of us will be able to pre-order/order it with success.

When they test battery life are they testing it with things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G enbabled for the duration of the test? I've got an Optimus 2X and regularly get around a week from a single charge but I disable most things.

Can't watch the video of the verge review until later but does he show the crack he made in the phone or are there any pictures of it around?

Also disappointed there has been no demo of the lock screen widgets yet! By far sounds like one of the best features of 4.2

There is a demostration of the lockscreen widgets in the first verge video in the OP.

With the glass back its probably not the phone for me. I work on a farm and my galaxy S gets treated rough and has been dropped too many times to remember. With it being mostly made out of plastic bar a few scuffs here and there its fine, not sure how the screen has survived but it has.

get a simple gel case and your good to go.

Back
Top Bottom