***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Why does the Telegraph review complain that the phone is made of "slippery plastic"?
Did they even get a review sample? Surely they would notice that its made of glass.......

How do people like this Telegraph reviewer even get jobs in mainstream journalism?

I have never read a more incompetent and false review in all my life lol! Anybody in this thread could do a better job...

I normally quite like telegraph reviews because they identify the largest flaws and appraise the device from a dummy's perspective. The problem is now that instead of a tech guy writing from a dummy's perspective you have a dummy pretending to offer technogical insight e.g. the high end audio of htc errrr what?

Telegraph from my experience are a bunch of raging apple fan girls. GF worked there for abit and all they talked about was how amazing apple and the iPhone was, so making up random crap about the N4, more maybe reviewing a wrong phone altogether doesn't surprise me.

This is the one of the reasons I'm buying the Nex4 - so I won't have to do without a good phone in-between changing my main phone :D

edit - just seen some reviews up - oooh there's loads of reviews. (just woke up lol)

I wish I had a better phone to last me that long but unfortantely the iPhone 2G I have won't work with three sims :D Well saves me banging my head off the wall with that thing anyway!

Here is my ghetto phone for the next 2 weeks:

IMG_20121102_223647.jpg

Completely battered haha!

How do people like this Telegraph reviewer even get jobs in mainstream journalism?

I have never read a more incompetent and false review in all my life lol! Anybody in this thread could do a better job...

If you think that was bad then try reading one of Charles Arthur's reviews at the Guardian :p

Yeh confirmed on XDA all the review units were on multiple different versions, which is strange!

I would rather they had reviewed the device once the release version of Android is pushed out to the device though, it has already given the wrong impression of the device to some.

Either way it makes no difference to me, it's obvious that benchmarks will end up very close or may even surpass the Optimus G.

Yeah it is stupid to review a mobile on software, which is still essentially a beta! These reviewers obviously have no idea as to how important software is, instead are more concerned about being "first" and their web site traffic :rolleyes:

I hope they update their reviews when the new software arrives. Also pray (:p) that gsmarena and anandtech don't do a review with old software on it.

I find mainstream media to be woeful in terms of reviews for tech. BBC, Guardian & Telegraph come to mind. They have some of the worst tech correspondents I've seen anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom