***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Any ideas when the pre-orders will start?

The 13th November I believe.

This is absolutely incredible, I love the look of the Nexus and my only complaint was the storage size when the CPW early page leak went live early, stating only 8Gb.

The price and the BSI camera sensor, SoC and stock Android just make this a no brainer.

Plus Google Music launch in the UK and the ability to buy movies? This is everything fixed that I was criticising Android about pretty much.

The device I've been waiting for to replace my Nexus One :)

I think 8gb is fine if streaming music and video instead of storing them on the device.

Shame no LTE but the almost identical LG Optimus G has it if required.

Not me that's for sure, no sd slot and only 16gb of storage...Failure imho.

I'm happy enough with my sgs3 now that I have JB on it...some neat features on the Nexus 4 though but not enough for me to ditch the sgs3.

If i feel the need for more storage which i'd only use if wanted to watch t.v episodes i would use OTG storage so no real big deal for me.

The only thing I hadn't noticed is the lack of SD slot. I hover around 7GB on my cheap Android phone with a 16GB SD card. This means I probably ought to look at the 16GB version just to be safe (I'll be using it for at least 2 years), and I'm in no hurry to carry the best part of £300 in my pocket.

The basic version is close enough to £199 (my personal "you paid how much for a phone?" threshold) for me to bend the rules a bit. But I can feel my eagerness evaporating a little now.

I still think it's going to change the serious phone market though. It's just not a market I thought I'd ever be in until this afternoon.

The only thing I hadn't noticed is the lack of SD slot. I hover around 7GB on my cheap Android phone with a 16GB SD card. This means I probably ought to look at the 16GB version just to be safe (I'll be using it for at least 2 years), and I'm in no hurry to carry the best part of £300 in my pocket.

The basic version is close enough to £199 (my personal "you paid how much for a phone?" threshold) for me to bend the rules a bit. But I can feel my eagerness evaporating a little now.

I still think it's going to change the serious phone market though. It's just not a market I thought I'd ever be in until this afternoon.

Depending what you use the storage for a OTG cable and some external storage might a solution, for example if you use the storage for film external storage ain't really a bummer as it's not like you're moving around while watching a episode of something.

OMG the price, its like mid range phone with more or less the best hardware well see for awhile. Arguably the best software too, Google is crazy. Safe to say any interest I had in Windows phone is dead and gone.

I'm confused why everyone with a gnex is so keen to jump ship??

- Same physical size, looks very similar.
- Same storage size
- Gnex will get the 4.2 update anytime soon so will have the same features.
- The phone runs silly smooth since project butter.

Are the extra hardware specs really going to make that much different to everyday use?
(Apart from the camera maybe)

Even at the silly low price its being released at, I shall happily stay with me gnex for a while longer yet!

- Same storage size

Are the extra hardware specs really going to make that much different to everyday use?

Even at the silly low price its being released at, I shall happily stay with me gnex for a while longer yet!

• 2x Ram
  • Much better CPU - Nexus is smooth but the CPU is rather dated
  • Much Much better GPU, that thing should never been in a 720p phone I say
  • Better Screen
  • Finally a camera that doesn't completely suck

For the price I say its a good upgrade, poeple upgraded some S2 to S3, iPhone 4s to iPhone 5 for much less of a jump in terms of hardware. The build should also be better and I have high hopes for the battery life. The Optimus G got 15hours talk time but everything else kinda of sucked and I put that down to the poor skin.

- Same storage size

The camera in the Galaxy Nexus is crap, especially in low light where as the Nexus 4 has a BSI sensor. Also games like Fruit Ninja and Temple Run stutter and lag on my Galaxy Nexus, even when the GPU is overclocked to 384mhz.

I still can't believe that price!

So how many people are going to be jumping ship from the GS 3/X to this then? ;)

I've had the last two Nexus phones but there is no reason to get rid of the SGS3 for this apart from 4.2 and it's not worth it for that. My next one will be a 4G phone so no change. I will get the Nexus 10.

How does this compare to the S3?

Better in everyway expect it doesnt have a removable battery and no SD card. Its faster, better screen (depends if you love aomleds), better build and design (Cant get much worse looking then the S3 but it is a very partical design and gives a nice rounded feel in your hand). And the software is just so ahead, nothing imho is better then Stock android.

I've had the last two Nexus phones but there is no reason to get rid of the SGS3 for this apart from 4.2 and it's not worth it for that. My next one will be a 4G phone so no change. I will get the Nexus 10.

Don't you say this about every phone/tablet release and end up getting one anyway? :D :p

Back
Top Bottom