***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Good review.

My question is - would internet browsing, multitasking with whatsapp, occasional youtube video etc be enough to make the phone go into hyper drive and cause it to heat up to the levels it needs to be throttled? Or are these issues only when the phone is put under extreme and prolonged usage ie. benchmarks?

If i use it just for looking at the internet, whatsapp, google maps, will i avoid the phone getting too hot?

You won't even come close to throttling with tasks like this, it will handle them with ease and faster then any other phone on the market. Only the most graphically intense games may push it close, however even under throttle the phone will perform well.

Soldato
I've not read a single review of this phone, yet I know I'll be buying it at some point regardless. I think I've become a "fanboy" :eek:

Seriously though, the "Nexus" status adds so much value as far as I'm concerned. But that's only because I like a stable device and I dislike faffing around with ROMs/kernels etc (I'm too lazy). For people that like tinkering to that level, I can see why the N4 may not be an immediate purchase.

Soldato
Good review.

My question is - would internet browsing, multitasking with whatsapp, occasional youtube video etc be enough to make the phone go into hyper drive and cause it to heat up to the levels it needs to be throttled? Or are these issues only when the phone is put under extreme and prolonged usage ie. benchmarks?

If i use it just for looking at the internet, whatsapp, google maps, will i avoid the phone getting too hot?

Won't get warm, let alone hot to be honest.
Same as benchmarking a PC, pushing it to it's limits are bound to make it a bit toasty.

Soldato
To be honest I doubt you'll see throttling during gaming either. The loads during games will likely not be as heavy for as long, so the device may get pretty warm, but let's hope it's alright. As Woden said, much like benching a desktop. Keeping in mind that I don't play for long periods...I'm still getting this.

Caporegime
But that's only because I like a stable device and I dislike faffing around with ROMs/kernels etc (I'm too lazy). For people that like tinkering to that level, I can see why the N4 may not be an immediate purchase.

The thing is these days with android devices you no longer have to tinker with any non nexus device as pretty much all the skins like sense, touchwiz etc. are very stable and are good in their own ways. My one S is extremely stable, don't have to reboot it at all in order to solve problems.

Any apps that come along with it can be disabled through the app settings (don't need to root) so bloat isn't a problem either (although you can't disable some stuff).

Personally I prefer sense V4 etc. over stock android as the stock apps are far better IMO and you have some useful features/tweaks.

The only thing I want from stock android is the theme/colour scheme :p :D

But obviously having these customizations means that you don't get the android updates as fast.

Associate
I see this phone will be available from the google play store. but is there any shops that will be selling it on release day? Ive had enough of the lottery that is reserving an iPhone 5 for pickup, and at £300 cheaper the Nexus looks to be a bargain!

Soldato
Personally I was willing to spend £390 (After the leak CWP price) for this phone so at £279 its a no brainer, nothing is even close to it, even at the top end its very competitive phone. LTE doesn't matter so much for us, and it has DC-HSPA+ which will be nice. Battery life I have heard form a lot of reviewers that it last 1 day with heavy usages, don't expect more and I frankly don't need it, when I know I will be away for 2 days I normally just use my phone less which works perfectly fine.

Has some really nice tech, like the wireless technologies which should keep it future proof for the most part, amazing SoC, 2 GB ram, Lovely screen up there with iP5 and One X. Really good design and build expect maybe the rim, but being a all glass phone I wont be so careless.

I really cant see what there is to hate or dislike about this phone, if you need LTE or don't like android then pay the extra amount for what you like but at £279 nothing will come close to it at all. This phone is my next phone and hopefully the next Nexus will have LTE if it every gets fixed in the US, or atleast have it for a few US markets and the rest outside of the US as it doesn't seems as bad.

Soldato
Really cannot wait to get my hands on this phone, I have flirted between my Blackberry Bold and my HTC Legend and now I have my chance of getting a "proper" phone.

Reviews have just made me want it even more. As has been said LTE doesn't affect me personally as 3 HSPA is very good around my area and I will be using wifi at work, college and at home.

Reviewers have pointed out that the phone is crazy quick so take no notice of benchmarks even though with every small update Google are doing they are getting better so I just want to get my hands on it now!

Soldato
Really cannot wait to get my hands on this phone, I have flirted between my Blackberry Bold and my HTC Legend and now I have my chance of getting a "proper" phone.

Reviews have just made me want it even more. As has been said LTE doesn't affect me personally as 3 HSPA is very good around my area and I will be using wifi at work, college and at home.

Reviewers have pointed out that the phone is crazy quick so take no notice of benchmarks even though with every small update Google are doing they are getting better so I just want to get my hands on it now!

The Engadget lot will make another post with both battery life and benchmarks and battery life and the users here and XDA will no doubt fill us in. But I have no worries apart from the over heating, I play games sometimes and I dont want my phone getting to hot.

Back
Top Bottom