*** The Official macOS Ventura thread ***

Caporegime
Does anyone know how to alter the behaviour of a generic PC mouse in terms of wheel scrolling? If I scroll the wheel just a little bit, the web page hardly moves so I have to give it a good amount of scroll to move down enough but it's quite tiring on the old finger!

Soldato
Does anyone know how to alter the behaviour of a generic PC mouse in terms of wheel scrolling? If I scroll the wheel just a little bit, the web page hardly moves so I have to give it a good amount of scroll to move down enough but it's quite tiring on the old finger!

Settings > Mouse > Scrolling speed

If you want more options, try SteerMouse. It integrates into macOS settings and will allow you more control, like button mapping.

Caporegime
I think the best thing so far is the Swift Playgrounds. I started the first one last night and didn't want to go to bed! Who would have thought coding would be so addictive. Finished that just now and am on to the second one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I need to swap between them or use Rectangle Pro to put two of them on the same screen. My desktop is pretty much the same, except I have three monitors attached.
Is this an app to make it easier to multiple open windows on one screen, can it work like I used to use windows and quickly halve the screen etc? I really have a hard time doing this on Mac compared to windows.

Man of Honour
Is this an app to make it easier to multiple open windows on one screen, can it work like I used to use windows and quickly halve the screen etc? I really have a hard time doing this on Mac compared to windows.
Exactly that, Rectangle (the free version) behaves similar to Windows default windows management. There are other apps too, such as Magnet, which do the same (with an arguably slightly nicer UI) but they cost a couple of quid.

Caporegime
Exactly that, Rectangle (the free version) behaves similar to Windows default windows management. There are other apps too, such as Magnet, which do the same (with an arguably slightly nicer UI) but they cost a couple of quid.
Thanks, I will try them both out tomorrow and settle on one :)

Odd that it's not part of the operating system. One of the few things I've missed from windows.

Soldato

Odd that it's not part of the operating system. One of the few things I've missed from windows.
I came to it from tiling window managers on Linux and have to say that window management is the one thing I hate on Macs. Rectangle Pro works well for me, but I also wanted to support the dev, so the free version is probably good enough for most people.

Man of Honour

It's just Apple, maybe if you were never using Windows a lot you wouldn't notice or use another way but there's no way I could do without it.

Commissario
OP
You guys know that split view is built into macOS as well?

Click and hold the green traffic light, you get an option to move the window to the left or right of the screen.

Man of Honour
You guys know that split view is built into macOS as well?

Click and hold the green traffic light, you get an option to move the window to the left or right of the screen.
Yeah but that is not very intuitive, plus, it puts that window on a new desktop. I 'snap' windows to corners, full screen, half screen etc.

Commissario
OP
Yeah but that is not very intuitive, plus, it puts that window on a new desktop. I 'snap' windows to corners, full screen, half screen etc.
I don't know what you mean a new desktop. When I do it, it just tiles the window to either side of the monitor, no different desktop or anything. It's just the same as moving a windows in Windows to the side of the monitor. As for being intuitive, it's just a different way of doing it to Windows.

Man of Honour
I have many desktops open, all set up differently for work, personal, coding etc.

Clean-Shot-2022-11-02-at-09-00-18.png

Work Mac hence pixelation.

Back
Top Bottom