**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

I might just get a Note 4 on a 2 year contract and stay one step behind i.e get the Note 5 on release of Note 6. Is it an issue to sell a contract phone halfway through its contract?

Looking at a Note 4 unlimited mins + texts, 5GB data, EE = £32 pm. is this a good deal and are EE ok? I'm on 3 atm and it's good when there's a signal but often there's not in rural areas.

I'd wait for the 5 first but i need a new phone in the next couple of weeks :(

Seems pretty poor to me.. its basically just a Larger S6 with a stylus.

There is definatly no reason to go from a Note 4 to Note 5. I mean at the moment is there anything that we know that is much of an improvement over the Note 4?
No micro SD, no removable battery. Much prefere the back of the Note 4 compared to this. No IR Blaster too it seems? Plus when it comes to custom roms and things the Exynos are much harder to develop for compared to snapdragon. You just have to look at the s6 threads on the XDA forums. Theres really not that much to choose from.

It does seem like an era is slowly coming to an end, The XDA community was choc full of awesome mods, roms and tweaks but these days not so much it would seem. In fact the whole ROM scene is dying down slowly tbh, especially since OEMs and Google themselves are finally brushing up interfaces and features that devs used to add to enhance stock based custom ROMs in previous handsets.

I wouldn't worry too much about the XDA scene any more really, the thing to worry about is the kind of direction some OEMs seem to be heading. Some seem to listen to their users, others seem to just pile on iterations of handsets until you're seemingly spoilt for choice without really focusing on the user experience or what the previous handset enthusiasts want.

You guys best just hope you even see the Note 5 at launch...
Looks like Russias crossed off the list for Note 5 at launch.

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/07/28...5-might-not-be-available-in-russia-initially/
"A couple of weeks ago we were reporting that the Galaxy Note 5 might not make it to Europe or Russia initially, and since then we’re starting to hear more and more rumors in that regard. Among the list of countries that will definitely be seeing the Galaxy Note 5 upon its launch are South Korea, China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Asia."

Back
Top Bottom