**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Totally agree. Putting glass on the back of a phone has to be the single most pointlessly stupid design choice ever... Not even Apple do it now so quite why Sony and Samsung think is a great idea is a mystery.
Seriously - people having to buy screen protectors for the BACK of their phone? What the actual ****?

I've never bought a screen protector for the front of any phone, let alone the back. Why should I start now?

I might buy a slip case for certain scenarios, but I'll give it a shot without first to see if it doesn't slip out (primarily of my jeans pockets while driving... but the S3 didn't, and the S6 feels less slippery than that).

Damn, so S6 drops the SD slot, and now the Note 5 drops it also!

So, gonna be the Note 4 for me. Problem is, I'm not due until 1st November, so I'm going to see if I can blag an early upgrade on 1st August, 3 months early while the Note 4 is still in stock. I'm aware that EE will probably charge an early redemption penalty.

Unless you're desperate hold off til November - the note 4 will still be in stock and well discounted by then.

Ahh soz, didn't read your post in time. I went ahead and got myself a Note 4 for £37/month with no upfront fee on EE... woot!! 5GB data and unlimited everything. Pretty chuffed as my friend on O2 got a Note 4 as well only a few weeks ago and his tariff is £46/month plus £20 upfront. What a difference!!

By the way, do you know how to re-map the left button on the Note 4 back to the context menu like on older Samsung phones? I'm not keen on it opening the task manager because long-hold on the home button does the same thing, so seems pointless to me.

So those aren't official pictures? Very confusing language

The latest Galaxy Note 5 photos designed by Ivo Marić and made available from French site nowhereelse

What does that even mean?

Also that talks about usb 2.0 and 3.0, I assume they are actually referring to the fact it has a current micro usb shaped charger hole, and therefore won't be using usb c?

bet you would if they released it with stock android :p

kinda agree with you in a way though... more interested in the new moto x (IF the camera delivers) at the moment!

Last edited:
Well for starters at least the Xperia phones don't shout about themselves and Sony completely fail at marketing yet the phones are still really excellent to the point where owners are usually reluctant to upgrade them as Sony keep them bug free and updates on the software front now.

But I made no mention of Xperia until replying to your comment so... :p

Truth be told, it's the excessive cheese Samsung make these days that's real off putting and the phones don't do anything amazing over the last gen other than have a bigger screen. The software is also still bloated and going by the reddit Android subs, still buggy with users wanting more from their flagships.

IMO the Note 3 was the last great Samsung phone. Unfortunately for me, any Samsung phone I've had I've had to root to get the features I wanted and the same would apply to current ones. Not had the need to root on the Z3.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their phone choice, but no Samsung since the Note 3 has got me excited. The S6 ended up being a disappointment in the end.

I'm disappointed with the Z3+ and supposed Z4 as well. The Note 3 was so good that proceeding upgrades didn't feel like they justified their inflated prices, likewise not much can swing the bang for buck from the Z3 for my next upgrade as well.

I'm still waiting for the screen revolution. Bendy, waterproof, battery life.

Hmm a benchmark on par with the s6? Doesn't sound that great to be honest. Usually the notes are quite abit quicker than the s range.
Not really seeing any reason to change from my Note4 yet.

Hmm a benchmark on par with the s6? Doesn't sound that great to be honest. Usually the notes are quite abit quicker than the s range.
Not really seeing any reason to change from my Note4 yet.

No need for a faster SoC - Samsung need to continue de-bloating it's software.

And it can probably maintain faster clocks compared to the S6.

Back
Top Bottom