• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
All we know is he's called the Stig (sorry couldn't resist)

R.I.P. I can't wait for their new series to finally start with that Amazon thing. Considering Fifth Gear (the Channel 5/ITV clone of the show) ripped off the name, they must come up with a genious name for the series that puts the old one to shame!

As for the rumours (I can't believe how folks are eating up unconfirmed info as news), I'm finding it hard pressed that Nvidia would have anything either this soon or as good as folks think (980ti-type card so soon?), after they showed nothing for consumers at GTC (not even the Titan brand card) and mentioned that the new enterprise-level card they did show, would be ready in 6 months or so.

And then we have some ridiculous rumours that Nvidia have stopped producing Maxwell cards. I won't believe it until I hear it straight from the horses mouth. I.e. official statement by Nvidia of some sort. That said, maybe they could have stopped in anticipation for a late 2016/2017 release, perhaps they simply have a large surplus of Maxwell cards by now or something?

Soldato
Here's my prediction (sorry facts) :)

Tech media will get an event or information on the chip within 2-3 weeks
We will see a announcement from nvidia in 4-6 weeks
Cards will be available in late september / October time

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Here's my prediction (sorry facts) :)

Tech media will get an event or information on the chip within 2-3 weeks
We will see a announcement from nvidia in 4-6 weeks
Cards will be available in late september / October time

dont be saying that, i was only kidding about a christmas launch :(

Soldato
Some info i had not seen before in regards to Nvlink, each mezzanine connector has 400pins, so looks like it may never come to desktop using standard PCIe connectors, even an x32 connector does not have enough traces.

http://vrworld.com/2016/04/08/nvidia-mezzanine-nvlink-connector-pictured/

Although the above is setup for use with 8way systems as well as the usual PCI connections going to each gpu. But with that number of pins it still seems doubtful we will see Nvlink on desktop anytime soon.

Caporegime
Some info i had not seen before in regards to Nvlink, each mezzanine connector has 400pins, so looks like it may never come to desktop using standard PCIe connectors, even an x32 connector does not have enough traces.

http://vrworld.com/2016/04/08/nvidia-mezzanine-nvlink-connector-pictured/

Although the above is setup for use with 8way systems as well as the usual PCI connections going to each gpu. But with that number of pins it still seems doubtful we will see Nvlink on desktop anytime soon.

Nvidia could always get back into the MOBO business and remove the PCI connections for a NVlink one...

Soldato
Don't say that, The nForce boards were a nightmare, We don't want a repeat of that :p

I remember my DFI lanparty board being amazing! Although their LAN drivers/software were dreadful, but it was only board i've ever owned that was as satisfying as the Abit NF7-S.

Good times. Having a nostalgic day today....just been playing jedi power battles on the PS1 :| lol

Soldato
I liked my Abit NF7-S the sound output as great from Soundstorm if that was what it was called cannot remember just for me sound went backwards for a while after it got dropped.

Man of Honour
Hah yeah - there were 1-2 not bad boards where the manufacturer put a lot of effort into them i.e. using Intel controllers for stuff in places instead of the nVidia ones and so on but most were a nightmare.

I persevered with a few but the only board after the NF4 series that was anything like really robust and solid was the Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4 (most other boards had at the very least deep down stability/corruption issues even if they didn't appear outright bad) and GB seemed to drop anything nForce wise after that probably due to the effort involved in making something good from it.

Soldato
They were junk, SATA corruption and a bunch of other stuff (blamed on Vista) makes me glad to see back of 'em.

At the time I would upgrade every year or so as i would go to lans and keep up with my friends with hardware so I didn't have the board long so and was still on XP at the time.

Back
Top Bottom