• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Not everyone will have seen the presentation though so might get lucky and find a buyer and hope they pay up before finding out.

For those doubting the claims, is it not feasible that with a boost clock of 2.1ghz and with more cores that it can indeed be 2x TItan X? That is a question as I'm not up to date with the tech low down as many of you are

It's rated at 9 gflops compared to Titan X's 7 so it won't be anywhere near twice as fast. Maxwell and Pascal are supposedly very similar so it should be a decent indicator. The gtx1070 is supposedly 6.5gflops so might not be faster than Titan X. The twice as fast came from a new feature used in VR which is a nice inclusion.

The gtx1070 looks interesting. It looks a good bit slower than the 1080 but priced as such. I wonder if it's cut down a lot or just way underclocked. If it's just underclocked it could be an overclocking monster.

Last edited:
Associate
Twice as fast as a titan x? In what scenario i must ask. 9Gflops doesn't sound like its going to be twice as fast as a titan x

VR apparently.

Still, 1070 pricing is decent though. It just brought 980Ti performance down to £300 or under. Plus you get 2GB extra vram and it will likely run much cooler and need a lot less juice. This is the minimum I was expecting to be happy and NVidia delivered.

The ball now is in AMD's court :D

Soldato
There more details, pics and a comparison or two on the Nvidia website now, 980(non ti) vs 1080 in Rise of the Tombraider DX12 about 70% faster. No idea what res though. About 2.5x the performance in VR (vs 980). Ties in with about 40% faster than a TX in non-VR - still a big jump especially given the price vs nearly a £grand recently for the TX. Newer features, better DX12(vs DX12ready), newer memory type albeit less of it for now.

Last edited:
Associate
ok now that am not dazzled anymore with huan's leather jacket and sweet talk, slides show 1080 to be 20% faster than 980Ti with 70watt less in TDP, 1070 will probably trade blows with 980Ti.
ok let me put the conspiracy hat for a sec, this might actualy explain the crappy optimisation nvidia cards had lately compared to AMD's maybe bringing old gen a bit down on performance to make the new one look better ? conspiracy hat off.
i think ppl are in for a cold shower once reviews start rolling in, the good news though is overclock, need to see the efficiency then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom