• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
Well let see some proper reviews you no what Nvidia are like for concealing the negatives (GTX 970)
But if the numbers are that good in the REAL WORLD, next years big pascal will achieve what I have been looking for is a single GPU that can run a 4K panel @ 60fps with out to many drops.

Permabanned
I knew the "negative nancy's would swoop right in. Just need DM to complete the group.

Well how about the founder edition having all the binned chips Simon, And the lower edition being priced normally at £450 or so and having pretty much no OC headroom and being 35% faster than a 980 in Witcher III just like the graph shows from Nvidias presentation?

Is this not possible or do i understand the binning process wrong at factory level? Because how can a card escape out with headroom when it would surely be a founder edition? It sounds like this to me when people say Founder edition is not limited edition. And what else springs alarm bells is the sheer R&D size and gullable nature of people too. Sorry like but i trust these people as far as i can throw them.

Soldato
It's not negative it's dispelling the 2x as fast BS. Sorry to burst your bubble but facts are facts and it needs saying. It's still a very fast card so it's all good.

A man after my own heart. Let's see the numbers. We all need to bear in mind companies are in it for the money and have a vested interest. If they also make cool fast stuff for us that's a bonus. Still looks good with all this new tech on the horizon.

Soldato
A man after my own heart. Let's see the numbers. We all need to bear in mind companies are in it for the money and have a vested interest. If they also make cool fast stuff for us that's a bonus. Still looks good with all this new tech on the horizon.

Exactly. And lets not forget these are just the first cards from the large R&D spend while the competition offer nothing at present where competing products would/will speed up the process (R&D, faster cards sooner). Still impressive methinks. Faster than a TX for not far off of half the price, new features, better efficiency, DX12 etc etc.

Look forward to what's next, from the competition too :). All good!

Last edited:
Soldato
Anandtech summed it up:
GTX1080 - $599 and Founders Edition, $699
25% faster than GTX980Ti according to Nvidia. 9 TFLOPS
Available May 27th
GTX1070 - $379 and Founders Edition $449. 6.5 TFLOPS
Available June 10th

The GTX1080 has a 2.1GHZ clockspeed and GDDR5X. The GTX1070 has GDDR5 instead.

It also nearly 40% extra TFLOPS too.

I hope that does not mean the GTX1070 is much slower?

That would make it a bit faster than a GTX980:

https://tpucdn.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_980_Ti_Matrix/images/perfrel_2560_1440.png

Last edited:
Don
Bit surprised at the availability, I thought Nvidia were struggling with this node and GDDR5x would not be available for months. Think I will hold on for the Ti version or what ever they call it(or Vega) as my 980ti is still going fine.

Last edited:
Permabanned
So, It seems Nvidia got out the door first, Congrats to them. The cards sound very compelling, A 1070 sounds like a good buy but I don't think it's worth me ditching my Fury pro for. It may be faster but not loads and if AMD's DX12 advantage holds that'll lessen the gap. I do worry about Nvidia supported games possibly pushing the ram requirements further now they're showcasing 8 gb models and want to be able to show a difference, ie: having to lower settings on 4gb cards even if the fps does not need it.

Back
Top Bottom