• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Permabanned
People need to take a step back and wait for the proper reviews.

So far all we have had is the edited highlights censored by NVidia, what are it's weak points as no card is perfect.

Temps look like one, The Nvidia site say's 94 degrees so I imagine any cooler will have it's work cut out for it and the reference cooler could be quite noisy to control that..

Soldato
NV PR piece stating it:

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/a-quantum-leap-in-gaming:-nvidia-introduces-geforce-gtx-1080

Availability and Pricing
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" will be available on May 27 for $699. It will be available from ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, NVIDIA. Palit, PNY and Zotac. Custom boards from partners will vary by region and pricing is expected to start at $599.

The GeForce GTX 1080 will also be sold in fully configured systems from leading U.S.-based system builders, including AVADirect, Cyberpower, Digital Storm, Falcon Northwest, Geekbox, IBUYPOWER, Maingear, Origin PC, Puget Systems, V3 Gaming and Velocity Micro, as well as system integrators outside North America.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 "Founders Edition" will be available on June 10 for $449. Custom boards from partners are expected to start at $379.

More information on the GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 is available at www.geforce.com.
- See more at: http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/a...roduces-geforce-gtx-1080#sthash.cHFcxiiV.dpuf

Soldato
Temps look like one, The Nvidia site say's 94 degrees so I imagine any cooler will have it's work cut out for it and the reference cooler could be quite noisy to control that..

Eh?:) That's the max temp I think, aren't all cards rated around that?
During the presenation demo, albeit short one, a 1080 was showing a temp of 67 C while running at 2113Mhz and mentioned it was "cool running". Assuming of course a reference cooler with a std fan profile that the cards would have.
No idea if the FE cards have a refernce shroud and fan, or something else, but assuming will be refernce

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sweet. Will probably get a 1080 to replace my 980 if it is indeed 980 sli performance. Only 180w tdp as well.

From the dollar prices I'm guessing we are looking at around £500 for the 1080 and £320 for the 1070?

lol at all the people saying:

"You wont get 980ti performance for ~£300"

"The 1080 won't be faster than the 980Ti"

"Don't be stupid, no cards will have gddr5x until at least August/September"

:p

Associate
According to AT,only the Founders Edition cards will be available on 27th May and June 10th,so that is $479 and $599 if you want to be first in line. So £331 without VAT(around £400) and £485 without VAT(around £581).

That is sounding a hair's breadth away from a paper launch. People better make sure their F5 key is up to the task!

Caporegime
I don't like the look of the reference cooler at all. Worst I've seen from the green team in yonks. Performance looks to be rather good, which is the most important thing. :D

Back
Top Bottom