• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
So what does it all mean? Absolutely nothing. NVIDIA was just not ready to show Pascal, but they failed to inform us that the Drive PX 2 prototype had Maxwell installed.

Its really a non-story, sure people can let their fanboy tendencies show but all it really means is Nvidia didn't want people photographing Pascal GPUs. AMD didn't even show their Polaris card publicly, only privately. What does that eman for AMD, absolutely nothing, the same as Nvidia they don't want the public and people not under NDA to photograph their cards.

We can all speculate all kinds of fantasy scenarios but it really doesn't mean anything. Nvidia have working Pascal silicon, AMD have working Polaris silicon. There is absolutely no news form either side about delays, problems, respins, or anything. Nvidia claim they are on track, so do AMD.

Soldato
Kinda of remind me when he held up a fake Fermi card
01.jpg

Caporegime
Should easily be. 980Ti is a good 50% more powerful than a 780Ti and that's on the same process.

HBM is gonna give it much better high resolution performance, too.

Even if that's all it is, an x70 card matching a 980Ti is pretty exciting for those of us who dont buy high end cards.

I think it'll be a good result to even get that. Personally I'm expecting the 1070 to be a little slower than a 980ti. Just because I don't think they will want to have such a big jump this time.

Now the genie is out of the bottle (Titan pricing), I think greed will play a much larger part in the equation. Why give away 980ti performance in a mid-range part?

Back
Top Bottom