***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Mine was a funny one. Went from back order to in warehouse for an hour yesterday then since 7 this morning it's showing as in warehouse.

Mine has done the same. I am hoping it means we will be getting it sooner rather than later.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a display case for it? It is going on a table and needs to be cat proofed :)

Associate
Mine has done the same. I am hoping it means we will be getting it sooner rather than later.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a display case for it? It is going on a table and needs to be cat proofed :)

there will no doubt be some kind of coffee table that is hollow inside with glass top or even one with a glass top that you could maybe install your own glass panes or solid panes into the sides so it cant be accessed.

Associate
So my Lepin ewok village has been sent via DHL, tracking doesnt work just yet, but I imagine it hasnt hit DHL's systems yet etc...
From experience, how long do people find it takes to arrive?

shouldnt be more than 2 weeks. The sellers always put the tracking number in almost immediately after the payment it made so it helps their seller ratings because it looks like they've dispatched it quickly etc when really it wont be with the courier for several days.

Last edited:
Soldato

if you're feeling flush check out Geeknson - they have a lovely vaulted coffee table that would do it justice!

Soldato
I had some bad luck and couldn't get through the website crashes, so then races to BlueWater and they all sold out.

I know it'll be a few weeks, maybe even a couple months for restock... but I mean... they aren't going to just stop them anytime soon are they haha

Caporegime
E6pVaVdl.jpg
Think bb8 is one of my favourite models. The head actually wobbles because the mechanism is held in by an elastic band and only a few peg pieces. It's incredibly accurate to the film.
One side pushed out the little arm at the front when you turn it, the other rotated and wobbles the head.

It's an impressive design

The mechanism

PhL4ZPEl.jpg

Soldato
Just spent about 2 hours taking the Slave I apart (I don't have anywhere to display it at the moment, and don't want too many models sat around the house)... goddamn it's hard work taking them apart, my fingers are sore :( Anyone got any pro tips for dissasembly?

Associate
Just spent about 2 hours taking the Slave I apart (I don't have anywhere to display it at the moment, and don't want too many models sat around the house)... goddamn it's hard work taking them apart, my fingers are sore :( Anyone got any pro tips for dissasembly?

You got the wee tool thats for taking bits apart?

Soldato
Throw it at a metal surface. Hard.
Lego never breaks.

Soldato
You got the wee tool thats for taking bits apart?

I have although I don't find it works super well (or I'm using it wrong?)... the best method I've developed for taking apart the bricks that are often tricky to prize apart (often 2 2x1s joined together) is to save a longer piece (like a technic 1x8) and lay one of it's edges along the long-edge of the pieces (long edge to long edge) then when you push straight down it tends to pop them apart fairly easily... (is that how the tool is meant to work?)

Throw it at a metal surface. Hard.
Lego never breaks.

:p

Back
Top Bottom