***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I have although I don't find it works super well (or I'm using it wrong?)... the best method I've developed for taking apart the bricks that are often tricky to prize apart (often 2 2x1s joined together) is to save a longer piece (like a technic 1x8) and lay one of it's edges along the long-edge of the pieces (long edge to long edge) then when you push straight down it tends to pop them apart fairly easily... (is that how the tool is meant to work?)

:p
Just dont stand on it, lego pieces are the most painful form of foot pain in my experience:D.

Soldato
I followed the advice on here and gave the orange tool thing another try... once I worked out how to use it properly it was fantastic! Wish I'd realised how good it was sooner :D

Associate
My falcon still says at local depot. Been there since Friday!
Having it shipped to my parents house, and I am up that way for work today. Was hoping to swing by on the way back and pick it up!

Come on Yodel!

Soldato
I followed the advice on here and gave the orange tool thing another try... once I worked out how to use it properly it was fantastic! Wish I'd realised how good it was sooner :D

lol the Lego Orange brick separator tool is a great tool once you learn to use it correctly. It does break apart most bricks, sadly not much use for 1 x 1 - x 2 . They are sooo hard to break up. 1 x 2 - x 2 is hard enough, but those 1 x 1 .... Near on impossible..

Soldato
lol the Lego Orange brick separator tool is a great tool once you learn to use it correctly. It does break apart most bricks, sadly not much use for 1 x 1 - x 2 . They are sooo hard to break up. 1 x 2 - x 2 is hard enough, but those 1 x 1 .... Near on impossible..

1 x 1 though can't you just twist them (whether connected to another 1 x 1 or to anything really) until they aren't square/flush and then you've got a little edge sticking out to pop them off with?

Yodel have finally updated the tracking on mine and it looks like it'll be here by Wednesday (not a bad thing actually as I don't think I'd have time to make a start until the weekend anyhow)

Soldato
1 x 1 though can't you just twist them (whether connected to another 1 x 1 or to anything really) until they aren't square/flush and then you've got a little edge sticking out to pop them off with?

Yodel have finally updated the tracking on mine and it looks like it'll be here by Wednesday (not a bad thing actually as I don't think I'd have time to make a start until the weekend anyhow)

Yes, I mean the circle ones, sorry, the 1 x 1 studs. Those are really hard to break up. Not so bad when its 1 x 1 - x 3 or something but when its just two.. urgh lol

Associate
there will no doubt be some kind of coffee table that is hollow inside with glass top or even one with a glass top that you could maybe install your own glass panes or solid panes into the sides so it cant be accessed.

if you're feeling flush check out Geeknson - they have a lovely vaulted coffee table that would do it justice!

Thanks chaps.

The Geeknson tables look nice, but not quite what I am after and definitely too expensive.

It is tricky because we use the coffee table quite a lot but we live in a flat so space is somewhat restricted.

I wasn't even sure that we could afford the kit, or have the space for it, but the missus wanted it so badly that she bought it without consulting me. :)

So, the reason I asked for a display case is that we have a table it can sit on, but it is rather out of the way and it would be nice to display it more prominently. Still, if a suitable table can't be found then it is the only other option I can think of. That is unless someone has figured out a way to wall mount it? :)

Soldato
Yes, I mean the circle ones, sorry, the 1 x 1 studs. Those are really hard to break up. Not so bad when its 1 x 1 - x 3 or something but when its just two.. urgh lol
I thought the round studs were ribbed anyway so should be easy or can you get smooth ones as well (has been a while since i built anything).

Soldato
I thought the round studs were ribbed anyway so should be easy or can you get smooth ones as well (has been a while since i built anything).

They are, but they can be an absolute pig to seperate, even more so when you attached a stud and a smooth stud on top, really hard to get apart. I sometimes use Technic beams to pull them apart... Its all part of the fun though. Sometimes i can be a challenge to disassemble as it is to assemble some kits : - )

Soldato
Thanks chaps.

The Geeknson tables look nice, but not quite what I am after and definitely too expensive.

It is tricky because we use the coffee table quite a lot but we live in a flat so space is somewhat restricted.

What about something like this?

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...hemnes-coffee-table-black-brown-art-80176284/

Looking at the size of it the Falcon should fit nicely on the lower shelf... it doesn't have a glass top but I don't think that would stop you from seeing the model

Back
Top Bottom