***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Im struggling to find ways to display this stuff..

I was thinking about getting this coffee table to put the Falcon in.
Then attach glass to the sides. Never going to find anything perfect unless i have it made from scratch. Don't think i could make something of a good standard myself.

Soldato
I use glass cabinets for most of my models, I've also got some Ikea floor standing shelves which work nicely. Problem is with Lego models is they are quite large, the UCS star wars and Technic sets I've got can be fairly large and take up a lot of room.

The smaller models are easy enough to wall mount, the larger ones take more thought. didn't think of using a TV wall arm for something as large as the Falcon

Soldato
Anyone completed their Falcon yet or are you all furiously building?

I just finished the 4th "stage"... loving it so far but not in a huge rush, tempting as it is (although actually being just so huge it's sort of exhausting building it at times - not often you have to stand up to lean across the model to see the instruction booklet and reach everything... the instruction booklet is massive as well like a yellow pages)

Edit: Just to say as well for all the complaining about it having stickers it's really not that bad... probably has under half the amount of stickers that the Snow Speeder has and it looks to me like only 2 of them (not including the little display text plate thing) are on the exterior of the ship

Caporegime
Stickers have no place on a UCS kit. They are the worst thing about lego, I tolerate them on a small set but their is no excuse really when a £80 1969 piece lego set has them all printed on the blocks. It annoys me immensely that even the plaque that comes with UCS sets are stickered on. It's almost as bad as trying to get a phone screen protector on bubble and dust free :D

Associate
Complaining about the terrible launch got me a falcon today, metrocenter had 5 units come in, 1 of them was put aside for me after getting an email from the manager after the customer survey I did :D

Associate
Complaining about the terrible launch got me a falcon today, metrocenter had 5 units come in, 1 of them was put aside for me after getting an email from the manager after the customer survey I did :D

Very nice.

Lego just shipped the two MF UCS sets I ordered. So really looking forward to next week. :)

Soldato
Reached the end of Stage 8 of the Falcon over the weekend... great build, it's starting to get pretty awkward to handle as it's just so heavy and bulky though! I like that they get you to build a lot of the underside panelling etc. first before moving onto the top as it'd be a little underwhelming finishing the build with that

Back
Top Bottom