***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
They certainly seem to be a fair size!
No idea what I'm going to do with them when I eventually build them, or the other 2 sets I've already got still in boxes (42043 Mercedes Arocs & 42054 Claas Xerion)

Caporegime
Still not finished my millennium falcon ucs

I stupidly went to hard mode and kept a shoe box filled with pieces!
Is taken so long! Finally the box is emptying!

Last edited:
Associate
I think the build is the best bit though. The guy I bought the bucket wheel from has broken it down into sections so I think I'll just take it all apart and stick it in a couple of tubs and go from there :D
The Mack truck seems to be in a few bags labelled either cab or trailer so we'll see how that works out...

Associate
I think the build is the best bit though. The guy I bought the bucket wheel from has broken it down into sections so I think I'll just take it all apart and stick it in a couple of tubs and go from there :D
The Mack truck seems to be in a few bags labelled either cab or trailer so we'll see how that works out...

How much did you pay for them out of interest?

Caporegime
RxfYnNoA.jpg

Hmm. Doesn't look particularly great does it?

Associate
Still not finished my millennium falcon ucs

I stupidly went to hard mode and kept a shoe box filled with pieces!
Is taken so long! Finally the box is emptying!

I done exactly the same.... im so so close to the end!

The Cockpit and Main Turret remain. I have been building it since Xmas haha

Caporegime
Of all the amazing stuff you can make with Technic, cars are boring to me. They all have the same features, opening doors, working engines, suspension, gearboxes, etc.

For me the cool stuff is actual machinery, like the bucket wheel, the crane, etc. Pneumatics, electric motors, worm gears, etc.

Associate
I wouldn't say I'm against the cars, I just think they're almost fighting a losing battle. It's almost impossible to get the car shape right so it never seems to be a 'copy' of the original. Seems to be easier to get the industrial stuff to 'look' right, and, as Diddums said, they get more cool stuff.

Soldato
At the age of 39 i've finally got back into Lego building. It's pretty simple at the moment, all Star Wars stuff, started off with the BB-8 around christmas and then got Kylo Rens Tie Fighter and a little Yoda Starfighter for my birthday in March.

Was on the Lego website yesterday and noticed the Millenium Falcon UCS was back in stock at the eye watering £650 price. However i've been longingly looking at the scum on ebay profiteering on these sets for months and been gutted I couldn't get one.

Thought sod it, pulled the trigger and ordered, got a free Darth Vader pod with it and also 5% cashback via TCB.

Like a kid at christmas now waiting for it to arrive :D

Next on the list is either Slave 1 or the Y-Wing fighter.

Soldato
With the weather being useless today my lad and I finished off putting together a set by Cada DeTech, a WWI motorcycle a sidecar. In terms of quality for a Lego clone/knockoff/alternative I'm massively impressed. The pieces are all branded like Lego, but with the Cada name and the quality of the instructions was maybe even better than lego themselves. The electronics, this is an RC model, are in fact also better than Lego as they work over radio rather than IR which I've always found to be a bit hit and miss.

That looks great, what else do they do? And where can you get them? :) I have a few Cobi kits myself.

Caporegime
At the age of 39 i've finally got back into Lego building. It's pretty simple at the moment, all Star Wars stuff, started off with the BB-8 around christmas and then got Kylo Rens Tie Fighter and a little Yoda Starfighter for my birthday in March.

Was on the Lego website yesterday and noticed the Millenium Falcon UCS was back in stock at the eye watering £650 price. However i've been longingly looking at the scum on ebay profiteering on these sets for months and been gutted I couldn't get one.

Thought sod it, pulled the trigger and ordered, got a free Darth Vader pod with it and also 5% cashback via TCB.

Like a kid at christmas now waiting for it to arrive :D

Next on the list is either Slave 1 or the Y-Wing fighter.

I hope you also have a VIP card, that's quite a few points. If not I'd cancel the order, get a card and reorder.

Soldato
I've sent them a message to be sure as nothing shows on my VIP points yet, not sure if they're added when order is despatched though?

EDIT: Just found this...

Points earned from a purchase in a LEGO® Store will be added to your account immediately. For orders placed online, the points will only be added once the items have been shipped to you. Please allow 24 hours after shipping for the points to be added.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom