***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
£330! I thought the Porsche was overpriced at £260 when that came out and that soon dropped to being available at £140. As much as I'd like it, this one will get a wide berth until the price flops.

Anyone know if it's limited edition? Apparently have a unique serial number, but pointless if it's not limited.

It'll be around for a good few years, toy stores , argos etc will get stock 1st August so its only limited to Lego Direct for a month, and then its out for general release to all stores. Expect this to be heavily discounted as £330 is just way too much.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Picked up the Saturn V for the father-in-law. Mainly to **** off the mother-in-law.
Fingers crossed she doesn't let him have it and I get it back \o/

Associate
Just seen the Lepin Chiron is pre-ordering for the equivalent of £96. The lego one is obviously going to be better....... but that sort of price difference is hard to ignore. I couldnt spend £330, I just couldn't.

Soldato
Just seen the Lepin Chiron is pre-ordering for the equivalent of £96. The lego one is obviously going to be better....... but that sort of price difference is hard to ignore. I couldnt spend £330, I just couldn't.

The Lepin 6 x 6 tow truck set 42070 was a total mess from Lepin, wrongly coloured light blue panels that didn't match the stickers at all, terrible motors, and bad gearing. I havdn't got that set, but it was very badly reviewed. I purchased a unimog u400 from Lepin, I had to replace every single peumatic pump, hose, and valve, replaced the battery box and motor, and had to replace all clutch gears and some axles - Lepin Technic sets are IMO abysmal if you want it to work.

Apparently Decool are better, but again if all you want is a shelf model, then £224 is a huge saving. But I'd be weary of the the Chiron due to it using same coloured panels as set 42070 and Lepin sure messed that set up...

Caporegime
It's easier to seek forgiveness than permission. Just bring up the Lego site and show her the saving and that you HAD to buy it at that price!

Sadly that doesn't work, my wife's crafty, if I were to do that she'll come home with three Michael Kors handbags and go "but it was the same price as your Lego set".

I married her for her brains. A move I often regret :(

Soldato
Sadly that doesn't work, my wife's crafty, if I were to do that she'll come home with three Michael Kors handbags and go "but it was the same price as your Lego set".

Seams reasonable, everyone is happy :D

I bet if you also got her the bag she would be even happier, we all know its her money anyway ;)

Associate
I bought a Lepin UCS millennium falcon and super star destroyer last year. Love the kit and Went together well and was happy having them in the office. We now have a 2nd child and I have had to put them in storage asno room having given up the office to be a bedroom again.

Question is. Has anyone managed to resell the Lepin kits? Whilst I know people buy and import I’m not so sure about selling on. I won’t have a chance to build them again and unlike official kits they aren’t going to go up in price (I’m keeping my real UCS Red 5 and Tie Fighter). I’m not sure on if I can even list them somewhere like eBay or Gumtree etc. If it’s not easily doable then they can live in the loft until kids move out in 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom