***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
I need the space to put them - thinking of getting one or two of these to put them in, and I like the look of the wall mounts for the Ferrari, Porsche and Bugatti, although I need to get the Lamborghini before that retires

Caporegime
I need the space to put them - thinking of getting one or two of these to put them in, and I like the look of the wall mounts for the Ferrari, Porsche and Bugatti, although I need to get the Lamborghini before that retires

I have my big cars on a wall to ceiling shelving unit.

I have all the cars too.

Last edited:
Soldato
The batwing looks great on a wall :) You have to leave most of the bottom of the engines etc off though so it sits flush
I didn't mod mine, now I'm going to have to check how flush it sits :p .
I'm at work and this is the only pic I have. Quite hard to tell from that angle, I'll check tonight.
embed

Last edited:
Soldato
Just curious, but once you built a set, do you save any extra parts separately (so you know which set it is from, in case of selling the set down the line ?) or do you just throw them all in one and the same 'collection' box ??

Last edited:
Soldato
Just curious, but once you built a set, do you save any extra parts separately (so you know which set it is from, in case of selling the set down the line ?) or do you just throw them all in one and the same 'collection' box ??

I have all my parts separated & organised so it's easy to pull out spares. Like those display and storage rooms you see on YouTube.

I tend to just dismantle sets, for spares and mocs. I don't sell opened kits. Once in my collection on display, I keep it.

I only collect minifigure scale so will often just have the minifigures out in display cabinets and the vehicles/dioramas where it doesn't create the 'N+1 too many' effect.

Soldato
Finally added the light my bricks kit to my Sesame St set. Lots of swearing and finding with the wires and removing and adding stuff and it looks fantastic.

Though I did break on of the LEDs. Will need to order a replacement.

Soldato
It depends on sales.

If it sells well, probably 2 years from launch, so another ~21-22 months or so.

If it doesn’t, it will be retired and sell out towards the end of this year.

If you see any early big discounts at 3rd party retailers or on Lego.com, expect it to be retired early.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm having hours of fun at the moment with two toddlers and duplo. My mission is to build a tower of power that they cannot destroy. So far... mission unsuccessful.

Soldato
Anyone got the McLaren F1 car? Merc one comes out next month.

Not sure whether to start collecting those F1 cars as well. I’ve got all the bigger cars and a few of the smaller ones. Decisions decisions.

Also want that phone box.

Back
Top Bottom