1000049693-01.jpg

The youngest is on a roll...

Hogwarts
Hagrid's Hut
Night Bus

She's tempted to do tower bridge next :D
How old are the Hogwarts Sets 2011-ish?

Associate
I don't have much Lego at all, but I'm posting more here due to some policy changes. I got the Great Wave as an Xmas present, was only £52.50 at Argos before Xmas, or £90 at John Lewis, so I made sure it was the cheaper option. Really nice set but has so many similar tiny pieces, also it's quite 3D due to using tiny birds as wave crests, a very clever idea but I think I'd have preferred more solid, flat pieces, as dusting it could easily send some white plant fronds and birds flying which is what makes up much of the wave texture.

Also the boats are not that distinct from the waves compared to the original artwork or that well realised, but they did a great job on the wave elements overall. You couldn't frame this unless you had a box frame due to how much it protrudes on the wave crests, though the included frame is excellent if a little prone to pieces dropping. It does include picture hook frames at the back so you could hang it as is. Temporarily losing parts of this is a nightmare and dropping it as a whole might never see it being fully put back together again due to lost pieces. I'll possibly even glue parts of it it for a long term artwork being hung up.

ABLVV84wvHd5ekKEdLgGgNcYZAOnFqiOa-h9PXQiHLNIXw11xQPRE-lST-5kipHzbViGJjCEqMngptdsokec-NsoCh8FEOe-rS9z0W_VsKUFhbLvIsb12oA=w2400

Also got the mini Slave 1, Boba Fett's ship, which is great for such a small set, always wanted the original Star Wars toy version of it as a kid, no room for large Lego vehicles and not a big a fan of the giant sets either. This mini version is really great as a tiny set, the great wave sky looks a bit like Bespin too.

ABLVV873Ka8jZHwfTyFBdqc_XSnD_Ps1UhgUorKftX6Tl6D5CPqx6Rlo2zsluo-3gC-eTTkKE1ngyiQzz_7_YFSN6GbQj1Sy1MWyj96QdUrTXSCAgaxdOt0=w2400

Also goes great with the few other Lego sets I have to make a nice little Empire Strikes Back shelf set which I think would be great as a full release if they added a Darth Vader vehicle set to it. I know there many more of these mini Star Wars sets but they are on timed release, so will pick one up if they re-release a set.

ABLVV84Ek5_rGz-wqAC3nKqP80NA6FNAm1BYKLXRGx9LqAxMNigbHW1KHb53C5yZDejwbrGOZsq-5Xxq618vPHh36SCfLxFvfRTi2gF2NuQcoRqV7_r1BjQ=w2400

Soldato
I was in the lego store yesterday, I didn’t fancy anything but I was wanting to get the mosaic maker done just for something different but the machine was knackered.

Anyone ordered one online?

Associate
Some nice details on there still considering the scale. a lot less dominating then the large scale set for displaying if you don't have space and doesn't look too compromised like some of the smaller versions can.​

Back
Top Bottom