**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
With the Pixel your spending an extra £300+ for the camera.

for some that may be important, I do have to say the camera app is very underwhelming compared to sammy camera features, hopefully I Can find a 3rd party app that brings the camera features back.

There has been occasions on a samsung phone I would use a special feature to get the photo I want. But with that said I dont take photos that often either. For sure I prefer a much faster phone over a better camera, I will take that evil, the oneplus6 is literally super duper fast compared to my s7.

However I am still fighting the broken functionality on the phone which I think is primarily caused by newer android just breaking tons of apps.

Word of warning oneplus6t size tho if you used to say something like the size of an s7.

The oneplus6 is a "bit" bigger than a s7, the difference is not that much, but when I am holding the oneplus6 my hand starts to ache after a couple of minutes, it seems for me that small size difference is enough to trigger it, I am just hoping I get used to it and overcome it. For now I keep switching hands, and obviously the oneplus6t is even bigger hence the warning.

Also I feel there needs to be a mode that forces soft buttons to always be visible, like some apps will hide the soft buttons, usually its not hard to make tthe buttons pop back up, but I have 2 apps where you have to basically drag down the notification bar to make them reappear, there is nothing you cna do within the app to do it, which is clearly a usability issue.

Soldato
I'm looking to upgrade from my S7 Edge. Main reasons - it's nearly 2 years old, the rear side is smashed, battery lasting less and the camera is now lacking. I don't want to take out a new contract, just replace the phone. Upgrading from an S7, is it worth still considering the OP6?

After a quick scan over the usual auction sites, I could probably snap up the 8GB RAM 128GB version for around £250-300 boxed in nearly new condition. All the reviews are positive, some even saying it's potentially the phone of 2018.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking to upgrade from my S7 Edge. Main reasons - it's nearly 2 years old, the rear side is smashed, battery lasting less and the camera is now lacking. I don't want to take out a new contract, just replace the phone. Upgrading from an S7, is it worth still considering the OP6?

After a quick scan over the usual auction sites, I could probably snap up the 8GB RAM 128GB version for around £250-300 boxed in nearly new condition. All the reviews are positive, some even saying it's potentially the phone of 2018.
Yes and yes. That is a very reasonable price.

Soldato
OP

I had a habit of swapping my phones all the time because I got bored of them. But I've had my OP6 since launch and I have no intention of getting rid of it. It's honestly the best phone I've ever had.

It's fast, OxygenOS is absolutely fantastic, the camera IS great, it looks nice.

Soldato
Looking for a new phone to replace my note 3 as not charging anymore

What would make you pick a one plus over a LG v30 please ?

Just interested as looking at new prices and sub 500 and the v30 doesn't seem to be that popular. I listen to a lot of music so obviously the v30 good for that

I'd got it down to

OnePlus 6
Pocaphone
V30
Note 8

Many thanks

Soldato
OP6 8GB/128GB in red is currently £330 on Gearbest for the international version. I'm not overly concerned by the potential lack of/terrible warranty, as I was originally looking at buying second hand. This seems like a no brainer considering used via eBay will be around £350-360?!

Thoughts on going via Gearbest?

Associate
OP6 8GB/128GB in red is currently £330 on Gearbest for the international version. I'm not overly concerned by the potential lack of/terrible warranty, as I was originally looking at buying second hand. This seems like a no brainer considering used via eBay will be around £350-360?!

Thoughts on going via Gearbest?

I was tempted myself when the price was £309 for the 64GB version but plumped for one from Amazon when they were £400.
Only thing is you get a euro charger,effectively no warranty and the threat of customs to pay.

Soldato
Honestly the contract prices for a 6T are a joke, you are better buying the handset outright and getting a cheap SIMO plan.
I agree with this. Admittedly I'm generalising here but a contract (in my experience) has only ever been worth it with a proper top end phone - and I mean price wise not spec. I usually flit between SIMO and contract depending on what the best deal for the phone I want is at that time. I am due to finish my current contract with O2 that was £28 a month with 12gb data and £110 up front for a Pixel 2 XL - that was a £800 handset at the time.
Right now I'm on a 6T and will very likely go SIMO in October when it's due.
There's a couple of SIMO deals in and around £20 for 20gb - so over 24 months you're already saving £240. If you can buy a 6T on credit (0% obviously be it through PayPal or however) you can spread the cost a bit, a much better idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
Options:

£365.15 for a new OP6 8GB/128GB in red from Gearbest

£409.95 for a like new OP6 8GB/128GB in red from Amazon Warehouse

£350-360 for a used OP6 8GB/128GB in black or red from eBay

Sold out on the OnePlus website.

I'm swaying more towards Gearbest than Amazon or eBay. Technically no warranty with Amazon, nor eBay. Gearbest will be a nightmare obviously, but it's still new and the cheapest. I'll take any colour at this stage and i'm even contemplating switching to 64GB.

Back
Top Bottom