**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
Mine seems to keep forgetting fingerprints. Anyone else getting anything like this?

When I first added a second print, only one showed in settings. I think I have some kind of bug. Might need to hard reset to see if it helps.
Nope, seems fine. Got 2 registered and they're still there.

I did notice that Waze app is flaky at best! No issues with my pixel but Waze is all over the place, can't get GPS, network etc while Google maps is working fine.

Soldato
My finger print scanner is working 100%. There appeared to be a bit of a learning curve during the first 24-48 hours but since Saturday it hasn't missed once. Whatever the 'learning' thing OP were talking about appears to be true.

Soldato
Mine seems to keep forgetting fingerprints. Anyone else getting anything like this?

When I first added a second print, only one showed in settings. I think I have some kind of bug. Might need to hard reset to see if it helps.

I deleted them all away. Added four, named them all... come out of settings and back in it shows 3 with no names on them (just fingerprint 1.. 2 and 3). This morning, four show with their names but no fingers seem to unlock.

I've just factory reset and set four fingers on the setup, lets see how this goes.

Associate
My finger print scanner is working 100%. There appeared to be a bit of a learning curve during the first 24-48 hours but since Saturday it hasn't missed once. Whatever the 'learning' thing OP were talking about appears to be true.
Not heard about this learning thing. Sounds interesting.

Soldato
Not heard about this learning thing. Sounds interesting.
I'll not link to any specific article as a quick Google will bring a few up. I'm almost certain they mentioned it in the keynote and here's a quote from them: "Through the use of several software algorithms, Screen Unlock will learn to recognize your fingerprint with higher accuracy through extended use."

Associate
Does else have any problems with the adaptive brightness being way too dark?
With my old phone I could adjust the slider to set the minimum brightness but that doesn't work on this phone.

I'd just started having problems with adaptive brightness before switching to the 6T so I think it's just the latest versions being too aggressive.

Soldato
I'd just started having problems with adaptive brightness before switching to the 6T so I think it's just the latest versions being too aggressive.
There were slight problems with the AB being aggressive on my 2XL also - especially in very dark environments like in bed. It would go haywire depending on whether it was facing my bedside lamp or not. The issues were quite recent, it could well be a Pie issue rather than OP.
I gave up on AB quite a while ago anyway, even on my MacBook Pro as well as my phones (XL/2XL/Note 9/6T). I was always fiddling with it as it was just never where I wanted it to be so now I just disable it.

Soldato
I deleted them all away. Added four, named them all... come out of settings and back in it shows 3 with no names on them (just fingerprint 1.. 2 and 3). This morning, four show with their names but no fingers seem to unlock.

I've just factory reset and set four fingers on the setup, lets see how this goes.
Apparently from reading a couple of articles multiple finger scans appears to confuse the algorithm.

Advice is to use just the one. I'm over the moon with this fingerprint reader as all my previous phones and tablets have been real hit and miss for me. I have had to use a PIN before the OP6T.

Soldato
Wow that's not good. On a desk, your finger is easier. In the hand, your thumb print is the only real way...

Thanks though. You don't have a link I could read about it myself do you?
I may have misread Andy but I think he means you can only register EACH finger once. I have seen me register a finger or thumb multiple times to ensure a smooth operation on previous phones but in this instance it isn't required. I'm still going great guns with each thumb and each index finger.

Caporegime
You can't register the same finger twice, it just won't let you.

I have each thumb and index finger registered. If you register the print for your index finger when the phone is on the desk you'll get much better accuracy as your finger will land the same way as when you registered it.

I think as usual some people aren't happy because there's a small learning curve and a couple of caveats on a first generation of something and get upset because it doesn't work the same was as old tech.

Soldato
No, I've not tried to save the same finger more than once.

I've just tried, each finger until it passes then move on. In 10 presses I got 6 passes and 4 fails and that felt like better than usual... There are times it just stops me trying any more and I have to use the password, like some kind of neanderthal!!!

Can I ask, those saying it works 9 out of 10 or better, are you testing this without it detecting your face? Face it off to the side and unlock with your finger to check it's not using your face.

How does it use AI to improve? It would actually be quite good if it could see it's your face, but doesn't recognise the finger, but it adds the print to its database so to speak...

On another note, just installed my XtremeSkin -

n6M5ZkNh.jpg

YrpoGdsh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom