**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
I just tested with a different cable I had lying around at work and it didn't rapid charge. However I wouldn't say it was the best cable in the world. I have a good one in the car I might nip out and get it to test.

My 'quality' usb-c cables are usb-c on both ends.

Looks like the cable must support 5amps

Soldato
Does else have any problems with the adaptive brightness being way too dark?
With my old phone I could adjust the slider to set the minimum brightness but that doesn't work on this phone.

I've always had this issue with my 3T, there are numerous mentions of people having issues with it across most of the OP phones.

I have both thumbs and both index fingers registered, I only ever use my thumb either picking it up or unlocking on the desk, FPS on my 3T is near enough instant, never had any issues with it.

Caporegime
Ha ha, maybe.

I was thinking I might keep the phone as a backup/spare, wondering if I should swap it out? Maybe mines faulty?

I'd get another one and try, do you have dry skin or did manual work that wore down the skin on your fingers? My dad rubbed down and painted cars for about 40 years so his fingerprint isn't very pronounced, I couldn't even register his fingerprint on my phone.

Soldato
So I cut it down to just one thumb and it was working great until I tried to unlock last night in a pitch black room and it just wouldn't. Anyone else experience this?

I also remember I got a lot of stick for saying the OnePlus 2 FPS was unreliable. I will have had 4 fingers set on that, I wonder if OnePlus just don't have good algorithms or something? Maybe they don't get a license like I assume most do and use their own?
Still a 100% success with mine, just one thumb and appears to work whatever the conditions and whatever the light levels - loving it.

Soldato
I'd get another one and try, do you have dry skin or did manual work that wore down the skin on your fingers? My dad rubbed down and painted cars for about 40 years so his fingerprint isn't very pronounced, I couldn't even register his fingerprint on my phone.

My finger prints are terrible. I've never been able to use the fingerprint reader on any phone or tablet reliably, be that Apple or Android. This OP6T breaks that tradition - it's the only phone I've owned where the fingerprint reader (for me at least) is proving to be 'bullet proof'.

Soldato
There's two types, protection and bumper case. One has top and bottom cut out and mine is all round coverage.

My Spigen Liquid Air case has arrived, very nice indeed. It has a slight embossed pattern on the back making it 'grippy' and the cut outs for camera etc are perfect. It also offers 'all round protection'. Price's for the Spigen on Amazon are a full 50% cheaper than buying direct from Spigen and much cheaper than buying from OnePlus for their cases too.

Soldato
My finger prints are terrible. I've never been able to use the fingerprint reader on any phone or tablet reliably, be that Apple or Android. This OP6T breaks that tradition - it's the only phone I've owned where the fingerprint reader (for me at least) is proving to be 'bullet proof'.

I'm sure we all know, is different to most FPS as in its optical. I guess you benefit from optical over the usual type.

I find it odd as I don't have this issue with the optical FPS on my Huawei.

I guess I should swap it out, but it's a pain as I have the skin on this one now :(

Soldato
I'm sure we all know, is different to most FPS as in its optical. I guess you benefit from optical over the usual type.

I find it odd as I don't have this issue with the optical FPS on my Huawei.

I guess I should swap it out, but it's a pain as I have the skin on this one now :(
Have you had the latest update to Oxygen OS? It's supposed to improve phone unlock.

Perhaps you are pressing down a little to hard or to quickly. Why not see if modifying your technique alters things.

Soldato
Yeah, I am. As I said before though, I've never had to do that with others, even the optical FPS on the Huawei. I've taken the screen protector off (I recommend it, it feels so much better without) and added a thumb and forefinger. Strangely, if I use what I normally would you, kind of my fingertip, it wont work. If I use, almost were the joint is, just above, it works much much better... even though I mainly gave it my finger tip when setting it up!?

Soldato
A slightly unrelated topic, as a first time OP owner I'm still getting accustomed to the workings of it. Can anyone explain the memo widget on the shelf? I allowed (or I'm almost certain I did) permissions to the Google Calendar but when I make a memo and hit Set Reminder it doesn't do anything. Can anyone relate or explain if I'm doing something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom