**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
That skin looks class, cheeky white 6T. I was wary of accidentally triggering face unlock when I was testing my FPS and have held it to the side. Or when it's sitting flat on a desk it can't see my face either and both index fingers work great.

Soldato
Wow that's not good. On a desk, your finger is easier. In the hand, your thumb print is the only real way...

Thanks though. You don't have a link I could read about it myself do you?

To be honest I've read that much about this phone over the last couple of days I can't remember where I read it now. The update to OxygenOS today is said to improve the unlock feature so it may be better now. I always use my thumb wherever the phone is placed. I have mine set to wake when I pick it up so using the thumb at that point is the natural thing to do.

Soldato
No, I've not tried to save the same finger more than once.

I've just tried, each finger until it passes then move on. In 10 presses I got 6 passes and 4 fails and that felt like better than usual... There are times it just stops me trying any more and I have to use the password, like some kind of neanderthal!!!

Can I ask, those saying it works 9 out of 10 or better, are you testing this without it detecting your face? Face it off to the side and unlock with your finger to check it's not using your face.

How does it use AI to improve? It would actually be quite good if it could see it's your face, but doesn't recognise the finger, but it adds the print to its database so to speak...

On another note, just installed my XtremeSkin -

Why do you want to use all these different finger prints? I have simply registered my thumb and thus far it's worked 110% of the time (without using face ID). I have tried but cannot get it to fail.

The only issue I have had with mine is Gmail was taking ages to show me any notifications when the screen was asleep. I tried every trick in the book but it still made no difference. Finally someone suggested I try the 'Outlook' app instead. This I did and it cured the issue straight away. Actually I'm very pleased with the Outlook app as it looks exactly like the Gmail app but with a few enhancements. I now get emails almost instantly.

I suspect the gmail app has the odd bug which needs sorting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why do you want to use all these different finger prints?

Why wouldn't I want all these different fingers?! If I'm holding it, thumb is easier. If it's on a desk, index finger is easier. Then simply left and right.

I'll delete off the left hand, but this is a compromise (if it works better) I've never had to do with a FPS before...

Soldato
It covers all of the phone and has a small lip, I don't need a tank of a case.

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/oneplus-6t-bumper-case

Unfortunately I do. I always buy my phones cash, I never insure them and I must have dropped my S7 onto concrete at least half a dozen times.

The drops have always been when getting the phone out of my jacket pocket. The Spigen cases just soak up the punishment whilst remaining quite slim.

It was this review by Trusted Reviews that put me off the official OnePlus case.

While we’ve never seen the appeal of carbon style cases, the fact OnePlus keep churning them out with every launch clearly means fans are buying them.
Made in partnership with case make Evutec, this feels like the most rigid case of the bunch even though we’re not sold on the design. It lacks the hefty grip of the Nylon version, but still is an improvement over the phone without a case.

That's hardly what I would call a ringing endorsement.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why wouldn't I want all these different fingers?! If I'm holding it, thumb is easier. If it's on a desk, index finger is easier. Then simply left and right.

I'll delete off the left hand, but this is a compromise (if it works better) I've never had to do with a FPS before...

As said I have mine set to wake on lift so for me a single thumb print is all I ever need. Being retired I no longer have the desk issue. That's just me though, so to each their own.

Caporegime

Unfortunately I do. I always buy my phones cash, I never insure them and I must have dropped my S7 onto concrete at least half a dozen times.

The drops have always been when getting the phone out of my jacket pocket. The Spigen cases just soak up the punishment whilst remaining quite slim.

It was this review by Trusted Reviews that put me off the official OnePlus case.

That's hardly what I would call a ringing endorsement.

I bought mine cash but get insurance with my bank. It's a simple case, it's better than not having one.

Soldato
It looks nice but I do wonder how much protection this case affords if you are unlucky enough to drop the phone? I think something like a Spigen Rugged Armor is the way to go for all round protection.
I had this on my oneplus 3. Unfortunately unless they've changed the support it gives, it fell on the top part and caused a gash into the metal on top. There's no protection on the top.

The Karbon Case I'm talking about

Soldato
I bought mine cash but get insurance with my bank. It's a simple case, it's better than not having one.

I think the one that comes included in the box isn't a bad all round case. However, I have the Spigen Liquid Air (new release) coming tomorrow. Re: insurance, I can claim on my house insurance (for one claim) without it affecting the premium.

Soldato
I had this on my oneplus 3. Unfortunately unless they've changed the support it gives, it fell on the top part and caused a gash into the metal on top. There's no protection on the top.

Yes, I noticed a couple of the OnePlus supplied cases are open at both the top and the bottom, which isn't good. I think the only one that isn't and one reviewers recommend if getting a case from OnePlus is the 'Nylon Bumper' case.

Caporegime

There's two types, protection and bumper case. One has top and bottom cut out and mine is all round coverage.

Soldato

So I cut it down to just one thumb and it was working great until I tried to unlock last night in a pitch black room and it just wouldn't. Anyone else experience this?

I also remember I got a lot of stick for saying the OnePlus 2 FPS was unreliable. I will have had 4 fingers set on that, I wonder if OnePlus just don't have good algorithms or something? Maybe they don't get a license like I assume most do and use their own?

Soldato
So I cut it down to just one thumb and it was working great until I tried to unlock last night in a pitch black room and it just wouldn't. Anyone else experience this?

I also remember I got a lot of stick for saying the OnePlus 2 FPS was unreliable. I will have had 4 fingers set on that, I wonder if OnePlus just don't have good algorithms or something? Maybe they don't get a license like I assume most do and use their own?

You're jumping to conclusions there.

I have a oneplus 5 and it's been pretty flawless.

Being an onscreen fps doesn't help on the 6T.

Soldato
I've got same finger registered twice just to reduce the chance of it not "recognizing" it and it's been OKAY I would say it is much more prone to failing to "scan" your finger compared to your usual "physical" finger print scanners.

Soldato

It's a pity you're having this issue. Have you removed or replaced the screen protector or anything like that? OP say if the factory one is removed or replaced you need to re-calibrate. Mine is still working great, including in low/no light. The only thing I would say is it is very particular if there is any residue or moisture on your hand. I have found that after washing my hands it might not always work first time.

Back
Top Bottom