The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
tbh i don't see any bury in them

Yeah you can't really tell from the pictures to be honest.

Just to be clear here, when you are talking about 1080p/1440p, is the desktop fitting the entire monitor screen? or are there black borders around the desktop?

Like I said in my previous post, 1440p with 1:1 is 26 inches in diamater and is really clear, so is that what you've been talking about?

Soldato
Yeah you can't really tell from the pictures to be honest.

Just to be clear here, when you are talking about 1080p/1440p, is the desktop fitting the entire monitor screen? or are there black borders around the desktop?

Like I said in my previous post, 1440p with 1:1 is 26 inches in diamater and is really clear, so is that what you've been talking about?

entire monitor screen

see my photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvkosh72h3owc1k/2015-05-01 11.32.11.jpg?dl=0 click the ... near the bottom then click open

Last edited:
Associate
entire monitor screen

see my photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvkosh72h3owc1k/2015-05-01 11.32.11.jpg?dl=0 click the ... near the bottom then click open

Damn, why isn't my monitor like yours! I'm hoping it's more of a configuration/setting problem rather than something wrong with the monitor.

Do you think it's more likely something to do with the settings?

4k is perfect so there's nothing wrong with the panel I guess, which is a good thing.

I can't think of anything other settings to change either

Soldato
Damn, why isn't my monitor like yours! I'm hoping it's more of a configuration/setting problem rather than something wrong with the monitor.

Do you think it's more likely something to do with the settings?

4k is perfect so there's nothing wrong with the panel I guess, which is a good thing.

I can't think of anything other settings to change either

the only other thing i can think of is because your using a dvi to hdmi cable or it's due to using a onboard gpu

Associate
the only other thing i can think of is because your using a dvi to hdmi cable or it's due to using a onboard gpu

That's what I'm thinking.

I've just changed the custom text size DPI to 150% and it looks a bit better but not as clear as you guys are saying it should be. What is your settings for that?

So you have 1440p, with widescreen enabled in the monitor settings correct?

I'm just thinking if this problem persists when I get a new GPU (980ti or 390x) and the scaling issues continue if I want to game at 1440p or something.

Soldato
That's what I'm thinking.

I've just changed the custom text size DPI to 150% and it looks a bit better but not as clear as you guys are saying it should be. What is your settings for that?

So you have 1440p, with widescreen enabled in the monitor settings correct?

I'm just thinking if this problem persists when I get a new GPU (980ti or 390x) and the scaling issues continue if I want to game at 1440p or something.

when i took that photo the screen res was at 1080p , DPI at 100% (i don't touch the DPI at all), widescreen setting on the monitor

Associate
Ah right..well 1440p seems to be clearer than 1080p for me at the moment, not sure why as 1080p should scale better.

I have just tested out League of Legends and I'm getting some screen tearing. I did not get this before with my previous monitor. I am getting it when using 1080p, 1440p and 2160p and no matter what graphic settings I change.

Is this normal with this particular monitor?

Soldato
Ah right..well 1440p seems to be clearer than 1080p for me at the moment, not sure why as 1080p should scale better.

I have just tested out League of Legends and I'm getting some screen tearing. I did not get this before with my previous monitor. I am getting it when using 1080p, 1440p and 2160p and no matter what graphic settings I change.

Is this normal with this particular monitor?

What FPS are you getting?

Also be aware that at 40" you will see screen tearing a lot more due to the physical size of the monitor. I mentioned this a few posts ago. I could handle screen tearing on my previous 1440p 27" monitor but on the 40" 4K monitor it is more noticeable in some (not all) games.

Associate
What FPS are you getting?

Also be aware that at 40" you will see screen tearing a lot more due to the physical size of the monitor. I mentioned this a few posts ago. I could handle screen tearing on my previous 1440p 27" monitor but on the 40" 4K monitor it is more noticeable in some (not all) games.

I'm getting screen tearing when the FPS is uncapped in the in-game menu. When I limit it to 30fps for 2160p I don't get screen tearing and the same for 60fps limit when using 1440p.

I'm using a DVI-HDMI cable so 4k is limited at 30hz and 1440p at 60hz.

I guess this solves that problem.

Unless this screen tearing is a known problem with this monitor/4k monitors in general?

What's your opinion, is my monitor just a defect one or what lol

Associate
so far i haven't seen any tearing on any of my games, even when the FPS goes over 60FPS.

for me all resolutions are clear

To be honest I think using Intel HD graphics might be the cause of some problems. As explained in my post above, the tearing seems to stop when I match the FPS limit to the resolution/refresh rate I'm using which makes sense.

Hmm, still this 1080p scaling issue worries me.

I don't know if I should return it or get a replacement or just hope that using a new GPU and Displayport cable solves the problems.

Soldato
I'm getting screen tearing when the FPS is uncapped in the in-game menu. When I limit it to 30fps for 2160p I don't get screen tearing and the same for 60fps limit when using 1440p.

I'm using a DVI-HDMI cable so 4k is limited at 30hz and 1440p at 60hz.

I guess this solves that problem.

Unless this screen tearing is a known problem with this monitor/4k monitors in general?

What's your opinion, is my monitor just a defect one or what lol

if its ok when vsync is on then i wouldn't worry

Soldato
To be honest I think using Intel HD graphics might be the cause of some problems. As explained in my post above, the tearing seems to stop when I match the FPS limit to the resolution/refresh rate I'm using which makes sense.

Hmm, still this 1080p scaling issue worries me.

I don't know if I should return it or get a replacement or just hope that using a new GPU and Displayport cable solves the problems.

i don't think it's faulty because 4k res is ok. it's most likely the gpu and cable

Associate
Yeah thankfully using v-sync/limiting the FPS solves the problem and it's not the monitor.

I'm really surpised to see the Intel HD graphics run League of Legends at 4k with everything on very high at 30fps, it's actually pretty decently playable!

Well I trust your opinion and I hope you are right. I guess I'll wait and see when I get a new GPU.

The main thing is that the monitor isn't faulty, that would have been a hassle to sort out.

I really appreciate the help from you guys, I would have been lost without you lol

Associate
Looks like Overclockers is out of stock now as well. I'm surprised no one has grabbed that B-stock one though, good price
so picking up on this thread as I purchased the B-stock one yesterday, got back from work tonight to find that the clown that must have purchased it before me set up the theft deterrent feature and set a pin and then returned the monitor. So the monitor go's into theft mode after five minutes.
blurb on website says they will reset for a fee !!!! once the new ownership is confirmed.Not bloody happy , if previous owner is a forum user please let me have the pin or if it was set by OC people please let me know.

Last edited:
Associate
Ouch, mine came from OcUK and didn't have such a feature set. I would hazard a guess you might need to reflash the firmware to get around that.
aye,
you have to install the software and set it up, cant find any detail on flashing firmware anywhere. found a reference to using PHILIPS to reset but it dont work, pin can be up to 9 numbers long.

Kind of surprised this wasn't picked up when it was tested on return, message pops up after 5 minutes.

"update" after trying all kinds of things I finally was able to sort this out

in the review on tft central I found the instruction for the hidden menu and notice a TD entry ( TD must stand for theft detection right, right clicked on it with panel joystick and now its disabled.

Happy days, still a bit ****ed that wasn't picked up by OCUK though tbh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom