The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
On the topic of dead pixels ive counted, 6 together, i read on the other post phillips often will replace if reported within 14days of purchase, im thinking i might just live with it rather than deal with the hassle of the return, whats the chances of the new one coming out and being perfect?

cheers

IMG_20150928_032252.jpg

Soldato
On the topic of dead pixels ive counted, 6 together, i read on the other post phillips often will replace if reported within 14days of purchase, im thinking i might just live with it rather than deal with the hassle of the return, whats the chances of the new one coming out and being perfect?

cheers

IMG_20150928_032252.jpg

If its not 14 days yet then do it.
If the new one also has issues then again get it replaced.

if its older than 14 days they will replace with a refurb.

Associate

cheers

IMG_20150928_032252.jpg

It's no hassle, see here - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28424711&postcount=1798

My replacement seems perfect - I also suspect(?) the newer stock at the Philips warehouse may have had better quality control.

The only issue, as Diagro says, is the 14 day cut-off for new/refurb - it's entirely up to you. Personally I think if you've paid Philips a lot of money for their product you should make them uphold their end of the bargain.

Associate
This looks like a good buy however a lot of people are talking about cables? I find it very strange, does this monitor not come with a DP 1.2 cable or something?

I currently have an ASUS 28 inch 4K panel and I find stuff is too small. Torn between this and the 21:9 1440p AOC monitor. What do you guys think?

Associate
Can anyone help me setting the 3840x1634 custom resolution?

I had it working perfectly but I had to install fresh windows etc and I cannot get it to work correctly. All I get is a horizontally squashed image in game.

I've created the resolution in Nvidia Control Panel, set the desktop size and position to Aspect Ratio Scaling / GPU Scaling / Override Scaling In Games.

The monitor is set to 'widescreen' and yet I still get a squashed display in any game I try the resolution. Been at it for a while now, if anyone can help that would be most appreciated as I can't see anything I did different from last time

Associate
loving this monitor , would happily recommend it to anyone . its good for gaming as well .
Got it wall mounted just above the desk, but i had to use a right angled power cable to get it close to the wall .

BoiK01Cl.jpg

LNHqO7Al.jpg

ikirrD4l.jpg

Associate
Can anyone help me setting the 3840x1634 custom resolution?

I had it working perfectly but I had to install fresh windows etc and I cannot get it to work correctly. All I get is a horizontally squashed image in game.

I've created the resolution in Nvidia Control Panel, set the desktop size and position to Aspect Ratio Scaling / GPU Scaling / Override Scaling In Games.

The monitor is set to 'widescreen' and yet I still get a squashed display in any game I try the resolution. Been at it for a while now, if anyone can help that would be most appreciated as I can't see anything I did different from last time

Monitor "Picture Format" should be set to 1:1.

Associate
This came out a year ago... just bought one, lets hope it isn't surpassed in a few months. Cause it looks good!

There won't be one with a better panel in it for quite some time unless you want to go for an IPS panel. Philips may or may not release a newer model but it will have the same panel in it with the same specs. I own this monitor and it is by no means perfect (no monitor is) but it's really good and I'd highly recommend it to most

Associate
Anyone who has this screen have also 980Ti?
What fps do you get in Witcher 3? Also on what settings?
Review give different results, so cannot tell which one is correct.
Right now on 1440p all settings on full (Ultra) I get 60fps. Wanna see how much would it drop...

Associate
Anyone who has this screen have also 980Ti?
What fps do you get in Witcher 3? Also on what settings?
Review give different results, so cannot tell which one is correct.
Right now on 1440p all settings on full (Ultra) I get 60fps. Wanna see how much would it drop...

I do not have a 980Ti, but you can expect 30-40 FPS at max (no hairworks) at 4K with a 980Ti. I get around 40-50 with my setup, with hairworks off and foliage range on medium. Looks absolutely amazing at 4K.
Shouldn't be too hard to find benchmarks for a single 980Ti though.

Last edited:
Associate
I do not have a 980Ti, but you can expect 30-40 FPS at max (no hairworks) at 4K with a 980Ti. I get around 40-50 with my setup, with hairworks off and foliage range on medium. Looks absolutely amazing at 4K.
Shouldn't be too hard to find benchmarks for a single 980Ti though.

I'm finding different results 37-46fps on single 980Ti and all on Ultra with hair off.

So you saying it looks amazing?:) Cool, I'm soooo into this screen now:)

What about that tearing/stuttering people mention on 4K - I read that you need to set vsync on to get it smooth - is that true?

Soldato
I had a 980 TI overclocked to 1450 core and +500 on VRAM. I was using all ultra apart from hairworks off, foliage medium and shadows medium.

Was getting high 30s - low 50s at 4K. So a single 980Ti will give playable FPS, even more playable with a joypad as the camera movement is less abrupt and more fluid.

IMHO :)

Associate
I had a 980 TI overclocked to 1450 core and +500 on VRAM. I was using all ultra apart from hairworks off, foliage medium and shadows medium.

Was getting high 30s - low 50s at 4K. So a single 980Ti will give playable FPS, even more playable with a joypad as the camera movement is less abrupt and more fluid.

IMHO :)

Cool, thank you, that's what I wanted to confirm.

Associate
I had a very good rma experience with Philips, my monitor had very bad horizontal banding in the central portion of the screen and on a darker gray image it looked dirty/burned, you could see the central part of the image was considerably warmer and darker than the rest, it was noticable in most games or images in motion. Philips arranged a pick up & swap. I had discarded the box so I was to use the box the new monitor came in and the same guy who delivered the new screen picked up the old one. The new one does not have the horizontal banding and so far appears to be faultless and I'm very happy with it.

Their customer care line is a little frustrating as you find you often get through to the incorrect department only to be given another number to call, the representatives are overseas but appear to actually be helpful. I did have to chase up my case as the promised call back never happened but once I did that they did call back and arranged the swap within 24 hours.

Associate
It's no hassle, see here - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28424711&postcount=1798

My replacement seems perfect - I also suspect(?) the newer stock at the Philips warehouse may have had better quality control.

The only issue, as Diagro says, is the 14 day cut-off for new/refurb - it's entirely up to you. Personally I think if you've paid Philips a lot of money for their product you should make them uphold their end of the bargain.

FYI, I received my replacement before the old one was picked up, so wasn't without a monitor.

Back
Top Bottom