*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

If it does I'm out. The last few months have been the most frustrating I've ever experienced as a gamer and I'm just looking for a final reason to be rid of my PS4 now :(

I stuck it out with the ps3 but only for it's exclusives really.. but up till last few weeks the ps4 was my go to games machine... but even I've noticed a few issues that really shouldn't have to be endured.

I'll stick it out with ps4 but Sony need to start running with the ball they took from ms over a year ago. Sony are just walking with the ball whereas ms are on full attack and running towards Sony and will surely retake the ball if Sony doesn't act soon.

fantastic machine, Sony just need to get their communication about issues better seeing as we mostly pay for psn, and they need to start a preview program for firmware to prevent this recent rest bug that so many are getting..

hopefully it improves going into next year..

to be fair, psn has been no problems at all tonight, and the system is now snappy and chat and friends loading really well.

Destiny kainched few months back, no issues at all with psn etc.. it's just been the past month, but it shoild hopefully get better..

I remember Xmas 2006 was it, x live melted from large influx of new users, so microsft aren't the whole savour of online gaming, still lets hope it improves.

to be fair, psn has been no problems at all tonight, and the system is now snappy and chat and friends loading really well.

Destiny kainched few months back, no issues at all with psn etc.. it's just been the past month, but it shoild hopefully get better..

I remember Xmas 2006 was it, x live melted from large influx of new users, so microsft aren't the whole savour of online gaming, still lets hope it improves.

I agree and then disagree too.

I agree that both sides have their problems, none are perfect.

However, 2006 was 8 years ago, how old was the XBL network in 2006?

And how old is the PSN network in 2014? Before you say the PS4 is only 12 months old, except it is not like this is Sony's first online console so they have all the experience from PSN and it has been down so regularly.

That's what my frustration with the PSN is. You can make a case for XBL being matured now and it has settled down. On the other hand, PSN doesn't give that impression, it feels like it is in Beta still.

I got an Xbox One a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying all the exclusives on it and there is only more coming. I hope the PS4 gets some good ones soon because its just gathering dust now :(

It all comes down to money, which Sony don't have as much of- hence why they're lacking on all fronts recently (exclusives, firmware updates, PSN).

Not really "For the gamers" is it! With their track record, I wouodnt imagine it'll get put right for quite some time too.

To be fair to Sony, and its not an excuse but Microsoft have had quite a few years more in the console online gaming space then Sony.

The original Xbox had online before ps2 had the hardly used network and hdd adaptor, then the 360 was more established before psn launched...

But I do agree, Sony need to really work on their online infrastructure, but I'm sure Sony know this as they are sending questionnaires to psn users as I got a questionnaire myself....

There are a lot of business financial experts here!

Oh yes. It's amazing the factual knowledge that is posted from those working outside the industry. The amount of truths that can be found by Googling and frequenting gaming sites is as good as working inside.
Just like playing GT means I'd probably make it as a professional racing car driver if I tried.

It all comes down to money, which Sony don't have as much of- hence why they're lacking on all fronts recently (exclusives, firmware updates, PSN).

Not really "For the gamers" is it! With their track record, I wouodnt imagine it'll get put right for quite some time too.

Throwing money at a problem doesn't put it right. People keep bringing up Sony's financial issues as if it's a one-size-fits-all explanation for all the PlayStation issues but it's much more complicated than that. There's really no indication it has anything to do with software updates, for example.

To be fair to Sony, and its not an excuse but Microsoft have had quite a few years more in the console online gaming space then Sony.

Not even that, MS had years of experience providing online services and networking long before they even entered the console market. The expertise was already available to them.

If it does I'm out. The last few months have been the most frustrating I've ever experienced as a gamer and I'm just looking for a final reason to be rid of my PS4 now :(

I've already made my mind up tbh, I've gone back to how I used my PS3 and 360.

XBL/ONE = for multi-format online gaming
PSN/PS4 = for solo-player games and exclusives only

Shame tbh as I was all for having just the PS4 of this Generation of console.
PSN just isn't making me happy, it is a joke and not a very funny one at that.

Most of the problems have only occurred the last couple of months, bar the constant maintenance outages, I don't think it's all to do with money issues.

Most of the problems have only occurred the last couple of months, bar the constant maintenance outages, I don't think it's all to do with money issues.

Hang on...PSN was **** back even when it was FREE!!!!! that was always the Fanbois first retort to any criticism "It's a free service, bla bla bla you get what you pay for......."

Well here's news, it isn't FREE now and it still sucks, and worse than ever.

The release of COD and next couple of months will decide the fate of my PS4 I think. I almost pulled the trigger on a Xbone yesterday but really don't need one, I just hope Sony gets there act together now as the 2.0 as of yet has been fairly promising.

Hang on...PSN was **** back even when it was FREE!!!!! that was always the Fanbois first retort to any criticism "It's a free service, bla bla bla you get what you pay for......."

Well here's news, it isn't FREE now and it still sucks, and worse than ever.

It really was not that rubbish when it was free.

The only thing letting it down on ps3 was outages/maintenance and sluggish menu integration.

Ps4 side of things has been fine mostly apart from outages and niggley things like slow messages and server problems the last 2 months

Back
Top Bottom