*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

If you say so.

Take a look around, I'm not the only one getting fed up with it.
FYI I've had pretty much every console of note since the mid 80s...I'm not a fanboi so I don't have the blinkers on blindly defending a substandard service.

Like I said above it is a real shame as I was all for just having the PS4 for this generation of console.

Please don't read this as a personal dig at anyone, I'm just airing my opinion and feelings towards a service that has not met my standards or expectations when compared directly with the competition.

:(

i bought an xbox one coz i was tired of the psn network.

but tbh since i got the xbox the psn network has been flawless, sepecially since the firmware 2.0.

i have been playing shareplay with my nephew and its perfect no lag or anything, even on fifa 15.

anyway turned on my xbox couple of days ago and noticed nothing on the xbox, it said something on the right about network troubleshooting.. so clicked it and it said the network was up and i was connected but still giving me the same message and limited use of the dashboard.

so needless to say i might sell the xbox now after only a week..

I'll stick with it for now, I really don't want loads of consoles under my telly at the moment, I've considered an x1 but it's only for forza I don't really need it right now.

psn was working really well last night, even drive club connected but drive club has its own issues and not psn related.

Sony reported 3.3 million consoles sales recently, so it could be psn is just getting a lot of new users online. from a technical view the ps4 is an amazingly good and capable machine, and the sales show this but psn has been flaky past month.

time will tell I guess..

I'll stick with it for now, I really don't want loads of consoles under my telly at the moment, I've considered an x1 but it's only for forza I don't really need it right now.

psn was working really well last night, even drive club connected but drive club has its own issues and not psn related.

Sony reported 3.3 million consoles sales recently, so it could be psn is just getting a lot of new users online. from a technical view the ps4 is an amazingly good and capable machine, and the sales show this but psn has been flaky past month.

time will tell I guess..

pretty much the same for me, cant justify having 2 consoles as I know 1 will just not get the same use.

not bothered at present about the games on the xbone apart from maybe the Forza franchise.

The PS4 will come good not that its been shockingly bad at all, its just Sony need to improve psn issues and bugs in firmware.

New firmware is great. Trophies load quicker and generally has a zippier feel about it. Psn has been fine lately for me. Sucks that so many people are having issues. Strange thing is that for all the issues the PS4 is still nailing the X1 week on week sales wise and I can't see that changing. It appears to be the cooler of the 2 consoles for the mainstream and the gamers choice. Stacks of my PC gaming friends either have Wii U or PS4, barely X1.

Looks like I'm getting the girlfriend an X1 for Christmas though so I'm sure I'll get some use out of it as well. Won't take me away from the PS4 though.

i bought an xbox one coz i was tired of the psn network.

but tbh since i got the xbox the psn network has been flawless, sepecially since the firmware 2.0.

i have been playing shareplay with my nephew and its perfect no lag or anything, even on fifa 15.

anyway turned on my xbox couple of days ago and noticed nothing on the xbox, it said something on the right about network troubleshooting.. so clicked it and it said the network was up and i was connected but still giving me the same message and limited use of the dashboard.

so needless to say i might sell the xbox now after only a week..

You're going to sell the Xbox after a week because of one network problem?

Just to throw a spanner in the works. The Evolve Alpha test has now been delayed due to the 2.0 update not being compatible with it. The Xbone users are having a field day over on some of the sites like IGN etc :D http://evolvegame.com/news/big-alpha-important-news-for-ps4-players

At the moment I am still gunning for the PS4 and I'm sure it will all be fine soon enough..it is getting annoying though.

Just to throw a spanner in the works. The Evolve Alpha test has now been delayed due to the 2.0 update not being compatible with it. The Xbone users are having a field day over on some of the sites like IGN etc :D http://evolvegame.com/news/big-alpha-important-news-for-ps4-players

At the moment I am still gunning for the PS4 and I'm sure it will all be fine soon enough..it is getting annoying though.

IGN along with gamespot, the moss eisley of gamer sites imo..

ps4 will be fine , I'm logged in to psn and it's working just fine considering time of evening, past month its been fairly slow this time of night, but tonight it's fine..

I reckon pretty much any gamer website that covers all platforms will be the same, whether they are 'mos eisley' types or not :)

Like I said, I think it will be all be fine soon enough, but they seem to be tripping up constantly atm. The things that I mainly find annoying are only things like Youtube not logging in or friends list being down and I did find the ps+ offerings a little underwhelming to be fair.

Loving the rest of it though :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom