*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Just been trying out remote play on my Z3.
Had to pair it to a controller first, and I'm sure it said that once I disconnect, it would go back to working with the PS4 - it didn't :( - had to pair it manually back to the PS4 after.

Had a quick run on a daily heroic on Destiny - Thank God PyscoSonny turned up is all I have to say lol! - I was being pwned bigtime!.

Whilst it's not unplayable - there's some lag obviously which makes FPS difficult to play. The other main problem was the 'tiny' screen - 5" at 1080p is quite hard to see from a foot and a half away!

Oh well, whilst not perfect it does work and should be suitable for some of the slower games but defo not for ones which require quick response times.

Have you tried the adapter for it so that you can mount the phone above the DS4?

Soldato
Have you tried the adapter for it so that you can mount the phone above the DS4?

no bud, i'm assuming that would make a difference but then again I've got used to sitting only 5 feet away from a 55" HD telly lol!

Don't think that will help with the slight lagging issue though as I was connected via a 5Ghz local wifi network - I couldn't hit anything unless it was like right in front of me. I feel sorry for anyone thinking of using remote play over the internet!

Soldato
no bud, i'm assuming that would make a difference but then again I've got used to sitting only 5 feet away from a 55" HD telly lol!

Don't think that will help with the slight lagging issue though as I was connected via a 5Ghz local wifi network - I couldn't hit anything unless it was like right in front of me. I feel sorry for anyone thinking of using remote play over the internet!

Hmm, that's odd, people seem to be happy enough using share play without lag and it's the same technology, sure it's not something to do with your network setup?

Soldato
Pretty sure its not - maybe I'm just more aware of the slight lag than others. Its not that bad, but just ever so slight which is really to be expected from such a setup. Probably only noticeable in games like destiny (i.e. FPS) - i havn't tried any other games tbh.

Soldato
My PS4 turned up today with the last of us. Sunk 6 hours into it already lol. Such a good game! The console feels far faster than my xbox one which is now in the shelf above it. Tempted by destiny next but we'll see.

Soldato
Not played The evil within yet :)

It's one of them i intend to get when it cheapens up

:D How are you finding the ps4 overall then?

You aren't missing much as I got it on PC and cannot stand it lol. Loving the ps4 so far. Been having a go on dust (some psn game) and I'm really enjoying how snappy the menus are outside of games. The XB1 feels far more sluggish in comparison.

Soldato
We now own two PS4 consoles, one for the kids and one for me lol. I never got a chance to really play it, what with the missus watching crappy TV shows and when she isn't using the TV the kids were playing on the PS4, I didn't get a look in lol. I took matters into my own hands and ordered another one, came with Driveclub which I wanted anyway and a another controller we which we were gonna pick up anyway now have 3 control pads so wasn't that bad really.

The PS4 looks really good on 1080P IPS monitor, it's definitely a nice step up from older consoles, it holds up well against my PC tbh.

I now have a proper man cave to escape to, two monitors PC and PS4, this is my zen area haha :p

Back
Top Bottom