*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
What time in the UK does the new PS+ content get released?

Also when browsing twitch from the built in web browser I often get "memory full" and it crashes out. Anyone else get this?

Soldato
Isn't new ps4+ content tomorrow?

Anyone know what the limits for ps+ online storage is? Read its 1 gb then it was mentioned it was upped to 3 gb, however my ps4 said cloud storage full. I checked and game saves are up to 140 mb for Fifa 15, drive club was 180 mb , walking dead was 60 mb why so large?.

Soldato
Isn't new ps4+ content tomorrow?

Anyone know what the limits for ps+ online storage is? Read its 1 gb then it was mentioned it was upped to 3 gb, however my ps4 said cloud storage full. I checked and game saves are up to 140 mb for Fifa 15, drive club was 180 mb , walking dead was 60 mb why so large?.

It is 3GB in total but it's split by platform so each PS3, PS4, and Vita get 1GB each.

PS4 saves are allocated out in blocks and it seems the smallest is around 11MB, but many devs have opted for large blocks 'just in case', so yes it is possible to very quickly run out of cloud space on PS4. There's also some games that seem to create multiple large saves like FIFA14 so you can end up with several hundred MB backed up for just one game...

Soldato
What is this now, I had PS4 in rest mode, now won't start up.

Try unplugging it to get it powered off properly and then switch it back on. If that doesn't work properly follow the instructions below. It seems Rest mode is broken for some people so need to wait for the next update from Sony.

Turn it off, press the power button for as long as it takes to get two beeps. then connect a ds4 via usb. select option 5 to rebuild database, if that fails use option 3 to reload the firmware, then once it's working don't use rest mode, mine is buggered in rest mode as well... hopefully stability fixes incoming soon from Sony..

Sony need to start a preview program for firmware updates much the same as ms do ..

Soldato
Tried 2 different people to Shareplay me Drive Club and the lag was unbearable and the quality of the "stream" was very bad and blurred. Both have 60MB Virgin Media broadband i have a 150MB Broadband... not sure how people can use it.

Soldato
Does anyone else's PS4 sound like a jumbo jet when playing games? Because mine does and whilst the console is functioning perfectly fine its bloody annoying...

Just got mine on Friday and it's annoyingly loud. If there's a lot of game noise going on I can't hear it but the PS4 is pretty close to me so any quiet moment I notice it :(

Soldato
Mine is fine, not as whisper quiet as the PS3 slim but about the same as (or slightly quieter than) my original PS3. Only times I do tend to notice it is in some games if you press the PS button to bring up the home menu as the fan does tend to ramp up then.

Back
Top Bottom