*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
I have used wireless headphones for the last 8 years or so and love them.

The only problem is when you stop playing and forget they are on your head e.g. I once paused the game and nipped outside with some rubbish as I knew I would forget in the morning. While around the side of the house in the dark the gf decided to flick over to a TV channel and I jumped out of my skin when voices started shouting out of nowhere.... guess the new PS4 ones won't do that as they are connected directly to the playstation and not the TV.

Soldato
Depends if you have kids in bed etc.. I use a headset when I've got my daughter stopping over or I'm playing online had need my mic. Otherwise, amp with surround is the way to play.

Associate
A bit off topic but do people really sit in their lounge with headphones on whenever they play?! :o or is this a bedroom thing?

I do on certain games.

Playing Fifa, or driveclub, or Rayman or something then I won't bother, but for a shooting game I find I can hear little sounds better with headphones.

Although with advanced warfare for some reason enemy footsteps aren't as obvious as previous games, plus with the chat coming through the same headphones the whole experience is a bit ****.

I think I'll stick to the supplied mic and use surround sound.

Last edited:
Associate
If I am on my own then its sounder and sub all the way, but most times the other half is maybe reading or streaming a tv show etc so I put headphones on as my noise would always be 10x worse than hers :p

Soldato
My download speeds over wifi on my ps4 are pathetic. I've got 152mb fibre and my PC downloads at around 13mbps over wifi, yet this struggles to hit 2 :/ I've tried the DNS trick and that did nothing? Anything I can try short of power line adapters?

Associate
My download speeds over wifi on my ps4 are pathetic. I've got 152mb fibre and my PC downloads at around 13mbps over wifi, yet this struggles to hit 2 :/ I've tried the DNS trick and that did nothing? Anything I can try short of power line adapters?

My wifi sucks on PS4 too. So I've go for a powerline, which is actually going through an extension lead and is still better than the wifi. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the Virgin Drooperhub had anything to do with it.

Soldato

Just don't expect to max. out your connection, I have never got good download speeds out of a Sony console. Maximum my PS4 ever reports back is around 30-40Mbps with a 500Mbps homeplug. The Xbox One sat next to it connected to the same homeplug (4 ports) can get upwards of 80-100Mbps, which is about the best I get with my wiring.

Soldato
Been checking out the CoD prices - jesus price-creep batman!
£47 at game vs £50 straight from PSN .. no brainer. Seems the era of digital downloads might be upon us quicker then expected if this continues.

Soldato
Been checking out the CoD prices - jesus price-creep batman!
£47 at game vs £50 straight from PSN .. no brainer. Seems the era of digital downloads might be upon us quicker then expected if this continues.

It's £40 in Tesco.... I would rather get the physical copy anyway and get some money back when trading it in. Digital only makes sense to me when it is noticeably cheaper (Steam sales).

Soldato
It's £40 in Tesco.... I would rather get the physical copy anyway and get some money back when trading it in. Digital only makes sense to me when it is noticeably cheaper (Steam sales).

waiting for delivery from Amazon though :< and I need to drive like 19 miles to the nearest tesco that stocks any video games.

Associate
PS system update 2.01 imminent to Address the rest mode issue among other things.....I wonder what won't work after this one ;)
I already miss rest mode. Have to leave my PS4 turned off atm because it literally breaks EVERY time. :(

I miss having the option of Remote Play while on lunch at work

Soldato
waiting for delivery from Amazon though :< and I need to drive like 19 miles to the nearest tesco that stocks any video games.

I would rather wait a day (or have ordered in advance) and save £10 (more when you factor in the trade value) than pay more for a digital only copy.

I am quite lucky though as my town has an independant games store which sells at basically Amazon like prices (maybe £1-2 more).

Back
Top Bottom