*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
It is at higher res than 1080p to be fair. That aside, my PS4 will get hammered when GTA comes out, really not used it much since I finished Diablo campaign.

It's only a higher resolution if the user has a monitor that's capable. I have a 1080p monitor as do the majority of my friends and it ran horrifically. I would rather not see it pushed anymore :p

Yep, get GTA V on PS4. it will run poorly on PC, RockStar do have history when it comes to lazy PC ports.

Soldato
2.02 is due out soon, another stability update, but supposedly fixes Dragon Age.

aq0lrJN.png

iD0C5hM9K9EFF.gif

:D Brilliant

Soldato
It's only a higher resolution if the user has a monitor that's capable. I have a 1080p monitor as do the majority of my friends and it ran horrifically. I would rather not see it pushed anymore :p

Yep, get GTA V on PS4. it will run poorly on PC, RockStar do have history when it comes to lazy PC ports.

Max Payne was great on PC, ran beautifully on my machine.

Soldato

I'm not following you, I said the gulf in graphics quality is increased between PC and consoles when you break out of the old 1080p res. I didn't mean any game in particular. GTA will always be on the PS for me, that's where it was born.

Last edited:

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Sonys first party was still focusing on the PS3 up until recently, they'll be knocking PS4 stuff out next year, quite a bit of it.

MS tend to front load their consoles with titles and Sony back loads them I've noticed.

Spot on. Also MS don't retain IP's so potentially you could see a good number of their exclusive games move to other platforms, i.e. Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive.

In my opinion in 2-3 years time MS will fall back on Halo, Forza, Gears of War and fable with the odd 3rd party exclusive chucked in. This was not an issue for the 360 as it was lead platform for multiplatform games but obviously that is no longer the case?

Only time will tell I suppose, but personally I am very wary about the Xbox One's future.....

Caporegime
Max Payne was great on PC, ran beautifully on my machine.

Runs great on mine too, I think when people say Rockstar have a "history" of lazy ports they're only really talking about one game. The III, VC and SA trilogy all ran great on my PC back when they were released, not to mention Max Payne and Max Payne 2.

Soldato
Microsoft had loads of great exclusives the first half of the life cycle Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Gears, Halo, Lost Odyssey etc but the last few years it was terrible, where's with Sony the opposite was true.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Microsoft had loads of great exclusives the first half of the life cycle Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Gears, Halo, Lost Odyssey etc but the last few years it was terrible, where's with Sony the opposite was true.

Why they never did an Alan Wake 2 is beyond belief, as out of all their exclusives this was the one I enjoyed the most and had so much potential to become a great franchise :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom