*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Just got a PS4 240 quid with infamous and Shadow or Mordor chucked in with it. no idea about them two games, waiting for GTA 5 next week. figured I would jump at this offer as I would have been getting one down the line.

Only thing is I cant play the bleeding thing yet as I have not got a tv and my Dell 2007wfp is playing funny with a dvi to HDMI connector :confused: . Really want something to just play at my desk as I could do with a new monitor anyway, a good 27" any recommendations?

Soldato
It was a great game, it just wasn't the hype train the media had it sold as. If nobody saw anything of it before it launched they would have been much more positive reviews.

The storyline and characters would have still sucked and the core gameplay mechanics would still be grown repetitive and overused. For a 'first go' at the genre it was a solid effort technically but I wish they'd spent a bit more time developing the storyline and the actual reason for the game being what it is, rather than just copy-pasting various activities and missions all across the map.

The unfortunate thing is that despite Watch Dogs, people are getting sucked into the Ubisoft pre-release hype with The Division all over again.

Soldato
I enjoyed the solo campaign for Watchdogs but didn't enjoy enough to want to do all the side missions. I feel they'll improve on it a lot with sequels.
Just ordered a new mattress today, will be good if it arrives before GTA as I'll be spending a lot of time on it.

Soldato
I enjoyed the solo campaign for Watchdogs but didn't enjoy enough to want to do all the side missions. I feel they'll improve on it a lot with sequels.
Just ordered a new mattress today, will be good if it arrives before GTA as I'll be spending a lot of time on it.

Only on act two but with regards to the side missions it's seems as if they have tried to much and put to much in lol.

Was totally lost at first throwing to much at me almost sold it.

Soldato
Only on act two but with regards to the side missions it's seems as if they have tried to much and put to much in lol.

Was totally lost at first throwing to much at me almost sold it.

It's a classic Ubisoft 'thing'. Same with Assassins Creed. The main story isn't that great, so they fill the map with a ton of side missions/mini-games to keep you busy. But then they get repetitive.. and that's when I normally trade it in.

It's a shame as I really did enjoy AC Black Flag, but the amount of eavesdropping missions just became tiresome :o

Soldato
The unfortunate thing is that despite Watch Dogs, people are getting sucked into the Ubisoft pre-release hype with The Division all over again.

I'm actually getting a bit worried about The Division. It was probably my favourite game that I saw at last year's E3. But I kinda suspect Ubisoft will pull a Ubisoft and it'll just end up a mere shadow of what they originally showed us :(

Soldato
I'm actually getting a bit worried about The Division. It was probably my favourite game that I saw at last year's E3. But I kinda suspect Ubisoft will pull a Ubisoft and it'll just end up a mere shadow of what they originally showed us :(

If the developers (their name escapes me) are left to their own devices to build the game they want then I think the potential will be there for it to be quite good, but I'm fully expecting Ubisoft to interfere as they do, dumb it down and force the inclusion of the usual Ubisoft game mechanics. It'll never look as good as those E3 previews did either.

Caporegime
Just learn not to pre-order Ubisoft AAA games and you'll save a lot of worry. Wait til user reviews are out and judge if they've done good enough work to be paid for it.

Buying AC:U at full price just will make it appear that such substandard work is OK when it just isn't. I hope Ubisoft starts trimming the fat starting with the developers that directly are responsible for AC:U

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, after the AC reviews I'm quite glad I missed the FarCry 4 pre-order at Tesco for £35. I'll read the reviews this weekend and buy it from work next week for £36 if it's any good.

It'll be interesting to see if AC: Rogue turns out to be any better; it's odd that Ubisoft apparently didn't send out review copies so it makes you wonder.

Soldato
Finally got my 2000mah battery in the post this morning so swapped that and my sticks at the same, all sorted and working fine.

There was some swearing involved when I realised I'd put the trigger spring back on R2 wrong so had to dismantle the bloody thing again :p

Soldato
Yeah, after the AC reviews I'm quite glad I missed the FarCry 4 pre-order at Tesco for £35. I'll read the reviews this weekend and buy it from work next week for £36 if it's any good.

It'll be interesting to see if AC: Rogue turns out to be any better; it's odd that Ubisoft apparently didn't send out review copies so it makes you wonder.

What has Far Cry got to do with AC? Do you mean from a technical POV considering the bad frame rates etc?

Soldato

The Farcry 4 review embrgo lifts on Friday, which suggest to me that Ubisoft have more confidence in it. If the reviews are favourable I'll keep my £35 Tesco pre-order. If it's getting panned I will cancel and perhaps get it later on. DA:I is getting tons of praise so I'd just get that instead. I am optimisic that FC4 will be decent, though (fingers crossed).

Soldato
How poor is "The Crew" BTW I player the latest beta and I've been wanting a good, fun racer and it seems now I'm to wait for Project cars which hopefully doesn't flop like DC did.

Soldato
What has Far Cry got to do with AC? Do you mean from a technical POV considering the bad frame rates etc?

Both Ubisoft. Both sequels. Both look very similar to the previous game.

That said though, I'm hoping Far Cry 4 is just like 3 but with a different setting. Looks like they still have the outpost system, and the animations look the same. Should be a laugh though.

AC Unity is a joke. With the developers saying how they've virtually hit a performance wall with consoles, due to the amount of AI processing there is (with all the large crowds). Then you have the likes of GTA V, that ran on the measly last-gen consoles, with an impressive amount of pedestrians/traffic around.

Associate
The Farcry 4 review embrgo lifts on Friday, which suggest to me that Ubisoft have more confidence in it. If the reviews are favourable I'll keep my £35 Tesco pre-order. If it's getting panned I will cancel and perhaps get it later on. DA:I is getting tons of praise so I'd just get that instead. I am optimisic that FC4 will be decent, though (fingers crossed).

I enjoyed 3, although it got repetitive after a while. But if they stick to a similar formula with some refinement then it will likely be good.

Back
Top Bottom