*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Downloading the 800+ MB patch for AC Unity and it's so bloody slow on PSN, is this the norm? Always had slow downloads on my PS3 on Virgin but was kinda hoping things would be improved by now.

Never get a max speed on WiFi with ps3/4 but that's normal although I've never had slow downloads on my 100mb virgin connection. Generally I can download a 1gb within 5 minutes or less.
Personally I find all ps4 downloads are fast, I start a download and its generally downloaded in no time at all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Never get a max speed on WiFi with ps3/4 but that's normal although I've never had slow downloads on my 100mb virgin connection. Generally I can download a 1gb within 5 minutes or less.
Personally I find all ps4 downloads are fast, I start a download and its generally downloaded in no time at all.

I agree, downloaded 2.02 update in no time really the other day.

Soldato
Agreed, I think it's more the rubbish WiFi on the PS4 rather than PSN being slow.

The PS4 WiFi is rubbish, true, but I have my X1 and PS4 hooked up next to each other to the same Homeplug adaptor and the X1 constantly outperforms the PS4 (and previously PS3) in network speed by some margin.

Soldato
What exactly is this SharePlay thing?

Ok, say I have The Last of Us and you don't but want to see what it's like before buying it yourself. I can open up Share Play and invite you in to the lobby where three things can happen:

- You'll be able to see me playing the game but can't control anything. You could tell me how to do a certain level (for example).

- I can give you control of the game and let you play for up to 60 mins (before it kicks you out), I can't control the game but can see what's happening.

- We can both play co-op together for up to 60 mins using just my game disk.

Once the 60 mins is up it'll kick you out, but there is nothing to stop me inviting you again to play for another hour. It's really good fun, feel free to add me and i'll show you what's what.

blitzben85

Soldato
Have I been living under a rock when did this happen lol;

November 2014
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - PS4
Steamworld Dig - PS4
Frozen Synapse Prime - PS3
Luftrausers - PS3
The Hungry Horde - PS Vita
Escape Plan - PS Vita

December 2014
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition - PS4
Secret Ponchos - PS4
More TBC

January 2015
inFAMOUS First Light - PS4
The Swapper - PS4
More TBC

Soldato
Ok, say I have The Last of Us and you don't but want to see what it's like before buying it yourself. I can open up Share Play and invite you in to the lobby where three things can happen:

- You'll be able to see me playing the game but can't control anything. You could tell me how to do a certain level (for example).

- I can give you control of the game and let you play for up to 60 mins (before it kicks you out), I can't control the game but can see what's happening.

- We can both play co-op together for up to 60 mins using just my game disk.

Once the 60 mins is up it'll kick you out, but there is nothing to stop me inviting you again to play for another hour. It's really good fun, feel free to add me and i'll show you what's what.

blitzben85

Do you not experience any lag? i tried leaching from two of my friends for Driveclub both of which were blurred and laggy, i have a 152mb download pretty good upload im not sure what there uploads are but i know there downloads were 60mb +

i ask because i've heard people say its been fine for them even with rubbish internet, strange.

Soldato
Soooooo EA have blocked Share Play for FIFA 15, there's also another 18 games that have blocked the feature.
......I said Share play was too good to be true when it was announced.

It's nice that EA have to remind us all that they are the biggest set of gits in the gaming industry.

Do you not experience any lag? i tried leaching from two of my friends for Driveclub both of which were blurred and laggy, i have a 152mb download pretty good upload im not sure what there uploads are but i know there downloads were 60mb +

i ask because i've heard people say its been fine for them even with rubbish internet, strange.

I had my mate have a go on Driveclub when SharePlay first came out, didn't have any issues on a bug ridden game.

Soldato
shareplay, sounded great on paper, but no why publishers were going to let this be used seriously.. Sony haven't got the balls to make I mandatory like remote play as developers and publishers will just not want their games played for free even with the 60 mins limits and reduced res etc..

I tired it with my brother, once with Fifa 15 of all games, it worked but not touched it since.. I just see share play dying a death if publishers keep blocking content..

although, it was reported today that loads of share play sessions were blocking content to loads of titles that previously worked, indicating a bigger problem with the system..

Soldato
I really hope publishers/developers start to look at the bigger picture and embrace Shareplay rather than resort to blocking it based on some misguided fear that it will cost them sales.

They should see it as an opportunity to gain another sale.

Soldato
The PS4 WiFi is rubbish, true, but I have my X1 and PS4 hooked up next to each other to the same Homeplug adaptor and the X1 constantly outperforms the PS4 (and previously PS3) in network speed by some margin.

Yup, never use Wi-Fi for gaming, its just another layer of error correction (Latency) for your packets to get through.

Soldato

Indeed. All my kit is wired directly to my router, no speed issues on my PC and Xbox One but the PS4/PSN is very slow in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom