*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Just picked up a PS4 yesterday and I'm very impressed, haven't had a PS since the PS2 but it all feels much quicker and easier to use as a system than the Xbox.

Seem to have done nothing but play PES 2015 but Destiny and the Last of Us seem really good too. Can't say I'm impressed with the COD: Advanced Warfare I got bundled but I'll probably just sell it on anyway, roll on GTA 5 on Tuesday!

Cool, I used my friends Xbox and he was or is never happy when I struggle to find stuff on it, he always gets frustrated saying give me the controller I'll do it...

I come from using Sony systems since the early days and I struggled with the Xbox 360 dashboard and I really struggle with the x1 so sorta nice to read someone else say the ps4 dash is simple quick and nice to use, as it seems the ps4 dash gets a rough ride, which I don't fully understand why..

enjoy your ps4

Soldato
Cool, I used my friends Xbox and he was or is never happy when I struggle to find stuff on it, he always gets frustrated saying give me the controller I'll do it...

I come from using Sony systems since the early days and I struggled with the Xbox 360 dashboard and I really struggle with the x1 so sorta nice to read someone else say the ps4 dash is simple quick and nice to use, as it seems the ps4 dash gets a rough ride, which I don't fully understand why..

enjoy your ps4

The PS4 is great, got an X1 on Friday and I find the PS4 snappy and intuative.

X1 on the otherhand is growing on me OS wise but Sony wins in that area.

Soldato
Anyone find messaging is even slower after the 2.02 update? Getting a lot of failed sent messages as well now :mad:

Yep, I don't quick know how they managed it but the messaging system is even slower than before and half the time doesn't even work...

Why is it that I have to wait around 15 minutes for a message to be visible after I receive the "Message received" notification?!

Soldato
Yep, I don't quick know how they managed it but the messaging system is even slower than before and half the time doesn't even work...

Why is it that I have to wait around 15 minutes for a message to be visible after I receive the "Message received" notification?!

Yep, that is doing my head in. Almost a pointless feature at the moment. Best text your mate or party chat.

Associate
Can anyone tell me. If I install GTA5 on my PS4 and start playing it tomorrow. Will it be added to my dashboard even if the disc is not in? Thing is, its for my son's birthday later this week but I really want to check it out tomorrow !!!

Soldato
Can anyone tell me. If I install GTA5 on my PS4 and start playing it tomorrow. Will it be added to my dashboard even if the disc is not in? Thing is, its for my son's birthday later this week but I really want to check it out tomorrow !!!

Yes, as soon as the game is installed it shows on the menu even without the disc.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Think my controller speaker have gone :( stopped working all of a sudden, tried everything from resetting the controller to restoring the PS4 to factory default settings and no luck.

Should I get in touch with Sony or the retailer first?

Have had my PS4 since August.

Soldato
If you bought the controller separately, take it to the retailer. If it came with the console though you'll have to take the entire thing back so you'd be better off dealing with Sony in that instance.

Associate
PSN messaging is awful for me. I keep getting spammed with group messages, and when I go to delete them absolutely nothing happens. I can see the spinning wheel but I assume it keeps timing out.

Associate
PSN messaging is awful for me. I keep getting spammed with group messages, and when I go to delete them absolutely nothing happens. I can see the spinning wheel but I assume it keeps timing out.

really hope they sort that out. As everything works great. I mean even party chat works great. Surely, they can improve the speed of messaging?

Soldato
The messaging situation is actually beyond a joke now, it's embarrassing. I'm sure it's an easy fix of just provising more resources dedicated to the messaging.

Frankly, I'm amazed that party chat\mic works so well!

Soldato
Messaging is still rather slow, but chat works well, so well in fact you can join anyone's party as I erm found out tonight, I got frustrated with messaging so went into the chat area, and there was a chat session between some Ocuk members on my friends list, I highlighted the chat and it actually took me to their session, that's really open, didn't realise it worked like that... quite embarrassing , quickly left so can confirm chat works quickly even if you didn't get an invite..

Back
Top Bottom