*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Considering these consoles are supposedly the easiest devices to program for, some are certainly making complete hashes of it. Got to be time constraints more than anything else.

Soldato
I have ignored anything ign has posted for years.. I'm slowly starting to dislike euro gamer as well. oddly polygon seems to be writing some decent articles although don't always trust them either..

word of mouth seems to be working better nowadays : -)

Associate
They also gave Alien: Isolation a 5.9, so I would not trust their review for a second.
would you prefer it if they lied and gave it a 10 :rolleyes: if the games broke id like to be told it is and as for alien yes it was a ok game but it was far from perfect and i thought the review they did was spot on just like the unity review and far cry 4 review on gamespot saved me some money :D

Associate
game reviewers can never win :D if they score a game you don't like high its because they were paid but if they score a game low you like there full of .... :)

Soldato
I like Eurogamer. No idea if that's a good or bad thing but I generally like what I read there.

Eurogamer would sing the high praises for anything Xbox during the 360 era now however they seem to imo go out of their way to down talk Sony whilst not looking to do this, and do all they can to big up the x1, case in points, they didn't seem to talk highly of the Sony ps4 first year, yet went out of their way to get a copy of gta v on x1 to do the df on it before the ps4 version, as if to say hey, x1 gta is out you know ...

they were rarely as kind to Sony during the ps3 era, and to me that's fine, brands are brands, but I can't help feel they or some of their staff were hurt when Sony got the jump at e3 when Microsoft fumbled...

I do however ignore everything from ign but I do read euro gamer articles. they do provide some honest views despite what I've just said...

Soldato
I like IGN...well, certain parts of it, I subscribe to their YouTube channel, plenty of news updates and good game play vids, don't care much for their reviews, oh, got to love Naomi Kyle. :D

There was and still is an ign app on the ps4, was some nice preview videos for up coming games at the time.. since moved onto YouTube etc so haven't used that in ages..

but I haven't read any of their reviews in years...

Back
Top Bottom