*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I use the IGN app almost everyday. Never had any issues, I must be the luckiest PS4 owner. I have perfect thumb sticks, PSN doesn't suck, the console doesn't sound like a hover, no blue light issued, battery life on controller doesn't affect me (have 2) and my apps work! :)

Soldato
would you prefer it if they lied and gave it a 10 :rolleyes: if the games broke id like to be told it is and as for alien yes it was a ok game but it was far from perfect and i thought the review they did was spot on just like the unity review and far cry 4 review on gamespot saved me some money :D

No, I'd prefer they were impartial in their review and scored it properly. Just look at the Alien: Isolation thread, so many users claiming it is best game they ever played and so true to the atmosphere of the first film!

Soldato
Here is your average game review now....

"Woman... objectified... misogynist protagonist... want more female characters. 5/10"

...but what about the actual game? :(

Too many agendas with these games journos right now. Letting their personal feelings get in the way of critical thinking and an actual REVIEW of the content on offer. Nobody wants to hear personal political ideals. It's meant to be videogames. Escapism. A Hobby.

Look at the reviewer himself (or herself?) rather than the site it is coming from.

It's worth joining a rental service like Boomerang and making your own minds up.

Associate
I like IGN...well, certain parts of it, I subscribe to their YouTube channel, plenty of news updates and good game play vids, don't care much for their reviews, oh, got to love Naomi Kyle. :D
She's easy on the eyes I must admit, but god that accent. Much of the time she needs subtitling; and I visit the USA at least once a year so it's not exactly a new sound to me...

Associate
Here is your average game review now....

"Woman... objectified... misogynist protagonist... want more female characters. 5/10"

...but what about the actual game? :(

Too many agendas with these games journos right now. Letting their personal feelings get in the way of critical thinking and an actual REVIEW of the content on offer. Nobody wants to hear personal political ideals. It's meant to be videogames. Escapism. A Hobby.

Look at the reviewer himself (or herself?) rather than the site it is coming from.

It's worth joining a rental service like Boomerang and making your own minds up.

The reviewer should be impartial and judge the content as it is. I agree.

That being said, this is a sign of video games becoming much more mainstream than in the past. Couple this with the fact that unlike novels or movies, games are interactive, requiring the user to perform actions. So with this in mind, I also believe it is important for game developers to be socially responsible.

Soldato
I'm pretty set on buying a PS4 for my son for christmas (and one for me too in the new year ;) ) but can't make up my mind when the best time to buy will be, its such a gamble!

Currently have a PS4 with GTA V and Farcry 4 reserved at Argus for collection for 359.99 (with a £10 voucher so real cost will be 349.99) but part of me thinks there will be better deals in the next two weeks.. where is my crystal ball?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I don't think its the kind of deal where I won't regret not holding out too much. Possibly another game thrown in for the same kind of price on black friday but ether way this puts the console at around £300.

Soldato
Anyone heard about the free trial of Destiny?

It is available in North America and should be here later, if anyone has any info how do think the trial will work? Limited to play for a day or two or limited to a few hours in game? May be worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom